Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Watch From the Inside No2A 25/7/09

It may be a question that nutterjack cannot or will not answer but do you know if the stadium actually has been designed in a way that will allow us to increase capacity should we need it? This seems to be what most fans are thinking....

I don't know for certain as i have never been involved with the design, but in my opinion it wouldn't be that much of a problem to increase capacity. Even filling the corners would give you a few thousand.

For the catchment area and support that Albion have you are likely to reach the promised land of the premiership given the impetus of a new stadium (with a bit of good management and a slice of luck or two).

If that were the case then I'm sure you'd need extra seats and the design would allow it - but like i say, it's only my opinion so don't hold me to it.

I'm sure the club and the designers would have had a bit of forethought and allowed for expansion. Like I've said before, my club Swansea had their stadium built a few years back by Swansea Council. At the time they had the choice of spending £1m on increase capacity foundations but (as they were in L2 with gates of 5K) the council wouldn't sanction it. Now, with us just missing out on the Championship play-off's last season and regularly selling out our 20k, it would cost 10 times that to do the same work now the stadium is built.

Maybe it's a question to your club to confirm?

Your club isn't run by idiot councillors, so I'd guess it's been thought of.

With regard to buying an Albion shirt, there's a fair bit of blue in it so I don't think my anti-Cardiff sentiments would allow it. I'll probably get an away shirt, what colour are they? :smokin:

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
Correct me if i'm wrong but it looks like a proper football stadium is rising from the chalk of Falmer.I'm starting to believe,:albion2:
Bit worried when I did the No. Plate a year or so ago , but it's the real deal now :falmer:

Attachments

• nsc number plate.jpg
    nsc number plate.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 206

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm quite interested to see how they cast the terrace into that chalk hill. Surely they must have to cut out some divets otherwise all the wet cement will just run to the bottom. You'd be well pissed off working like that.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here