Votes: 7 19.4%
  • new goldstone

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • university way

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

Oct 15, 2003
brighton
When we get our new stadium what should the name of the stadium be 1. falmer road 2. new goldstone 3. university way. Or another name of your choice, lets have a poll on it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Phoenix Stadium - rising from the ashes.

PS this has been done to death this question

I am certain that Dick Knight will sell the naming rights for a very large sum of money. There will be a big corporate name board to commemorate this.

Whether the fans accept the name is another matter, of course. Remember when we were all invited to cheer on the "dolphins"? That never really caught on, did it?

No doubt an NSC poll nearer the time will settle the matter.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Safeway said:
Get the clothing company Falmer to sponsor it and call it the, er, Falmer Stadium.

Oi, I started that one... :p :rolleyes: :lolol: :lolol:

michellethornfanclub said:
yeah, i know but i want to know what the people think cos it would be nice to know the name of the ground, that i will be maintaining the pitch at.
OK. Fair enough.

Once we start playing at Falmer, I will continue to "go to the Albion" - same as when we played at the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean.

"The Albion" gets my vote.

Oh - and "Falmer Rd" is in Woodingdean, miles from the stadium.

"The Goldstone" can only really be in Hove.

And "University Way" is the name of a petrol station on Lewes Road, again miles from Falmer.

So definitely none of those suggestions.

Oct 15, 2003
brighton
it might be in woodingdean and regarded as the b2123 but to us WHO lived in w.dean for many years it is still regarded as FALMER ROAD, see you do'nt know it all do ya, ha ha ha ha :angel: :blush: :blush:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
LB dissed publicly - et le reaction ?

michellethornfanclub said:
it might be in woodingdean and regarded as the b2123 but to us WHO lived in w.dean for many years it is still regarded as FALMER ROAD, see you do'nt know it all do ya, ha ha ha ha :angel: :blush: :blush:
Once it leaves the City Council area, it's called The Drove, which is the name that appears on the Ordnance Survey maps and the name used by the East Sussex Highways Department at Lewes - where I used to work.

It's also what the people who live in Falmer village call it (not that anyone should pay much attention to their opinions!)

Oct 15, 2003
brighton
that is where me and my siblings live now, f*** THE NEIGHBOURS!!!!!! LET THE ALBION PLAY IN MY BACK GARDEN. no one likes us,
no one likes us,
here in falmer,
we do'nt care,
rather here the roar from the albion faithfull, than listen to the f***ing ducks and seaBIRDS, all the pissing time.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
As much as i'd love it i dont think the fans will make the choice

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I am certain that Dick Knight will sell the naming rights for a very large sum of money. There will be a big corporate name board to commemorate this.

Whether the fans accept the name is another matter, of course. Remember when we were all invited to cheer on the "dolphins"? That never really caught on, did it?

No doubt an NSC poll nearer the time will settle the matter.

I'd be quite happy with something like 'The Microsoft Goldstone Ground'

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:flameboun

wow thats some necro. but i do wonder if we'll still sell naming rights, couldnt hurt. otherwise simple "Falmer Ground" will do nicely.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Brighton & Hove Stadium, incorporating:

the 'Tony Bloom (west) Stand', 'Dick Knight (east) Stand', 'Peter Ward (north) Stand' and the 'Barry Lloyd Relegation (south) Stand' that will curse the away fans at each game. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here