Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer update?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I took one on my phone this morning, but as it was dark it looks very blurry, much like this infact

Nessie_famousfake.130194108_std.jpg

You were in the wrong place - that's Falmer Pond!

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Interesting that quite a lot of activity seems to be on the entire site, not just the Village Way widening. Are they also levelling out the site prior to commencement of building works later in the spring? Presumably demolishing the Uni buildings will be an imminent priority. I've said it before - why doesn't MP's weekly...correction quarterly blog just put a bit of meat on the bones as to what's happening.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Interesting that quite a lot of activity seems to be on the entire site, not just the Village Way widening. Are they also levelling out the site prior to commencement of building works later in the spring? Presumably demolishing the Uni buildings will be an imminent priority. I've said it before - why doesn't MP's weekly...correction quarterly blog just put a bit of meat on the bones as to what's happening.

Er... not quite. People are still working in them.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Yeah, I was wondering that. I thought they weren't going to start until April, but surely you don't need a giant crane to widen a road? I keeping thinking: maybe they're actually going to surprise us all and finish it by August 2010, as originally stated - maybe the extra year announced was just in case! Then I think :rolleyes::O:shootself

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Someone mustve gone to a helluva an effort to get that there, the nearest supermarket is miles away. Or is that simulating what the Pond will look like after a hypermarket is built opposite the stadium in village way south? :p

Could be the new Mark McCammon water feature?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hi Notters

Did you get the chance to take a look at what was going on?

Yes! Sorry for the delay, I was caught up with other business (and the bloody school run traffic)... I'm afraid the pictures are a bit blurred as it was raining so much that it was practically dark. There was no crane *Brett, you goon :p*, but an ever-expanding hole. Having said that, there was NO-ONE doing anything on site, except for one man in a visi-vest who seemed to be wondering around aimlessly!:angry:

Can anyone guess what's in the big blue tank? (I don't know the answer, by the way)

Here we go then:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 217
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 215

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
If anyone wants to make a few bob, make it your mission to go along to the site once a month or so, and take a picture from the same spot. I know someone who did this for a major building project over an 18 month period, and afterwards flogged a sequence of about 20 shots (showing the thing growing from muddy field to finished building) back to the owners of the building for a very tidy sum – they then framed these and put them up in their boardroom or somesuch.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If anyone wants to make a few bob, make it your mission to go along to the site once a month or so, and take a picture from the same spot. I know someone who did this for a major building project over an 18 month period, and afterwards flogged a sequence of about 20 shots (showing the thing growing from muddy field to finished building) back to the owners of the building for a very tidy sum – they then framed these and put them up in their boardroom or somesuch.

I am, stop giving away my ideas :censored:

Also doing the same for the i360.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Love the pics.Don't stop:thumbsup:

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Thanks Notters, bloody marvellous! Looks more than a road widening to me. The blue thing looks like it's got a shoot of some kind coming out of it's rear end. Cement? Grass seeds for the pitch? It's all so intriguing. (Coming from someone who has a passion for football stadia and watched Wembley Stadium go up on the webcam on an almost daily basis. Talking of which, where's our webcam?)

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Lots of people down there today, with a fair bit going on!

Falmer1.jpg

Falmer2.jpg

Falmer3.jpg

Falmer4.jpg

Falmer5.jpg

Just tilt your head slightly to the side for the 4th photo. :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here