Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer the satisfaction poll

How do you rate the Amex stadium package?

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've been thinking about this since last night, glad i am not the only one.

I was not as overwhelmed as I expected to be, but it may be that i was expecting too much? The Memorial stones did not look to be laid with the care that I would have expected. The flights of steps near to the WSU turnstile at the north end still need to be painted properly.... I hope? The stairwells up to the upper concourse could do with a coat of paint on the steps and landings to improve the visual appearance. The concourse area flooring was described as 'polished concrete', I thought they would look better than they did.

Don't get me wrong, it is the best football stadium I have ever stepped into, apart from maybe Wembley, just maybe. I will be eternally grateful to Tony Bloom for his investment, his passion and determination to get us our new home. The actual seating areas are better than any other ground I have been to, or know of, but the little areas that appear unfinished behind the southwest and northwest corners do detract.

I know that this sounds ungrateful but I am just passing on my observations. Maybe the hype and excitement of our homecoming raised my hopes to an unrealistic level, and I am certain that when filled with 22,500 passionate football fans it will feel less clinical than at present. What I am certain of is that the noise levels should be brilliant and that I will be proud to watch the Albion for many years to come at what is one of the best stadiums in European football.

Overall at present 8/10, but that may increase quite soon.

You have basically listed snagging items. Under most building contracts the employer will retain 5% of the contract value for a defects liability period of normally 6 months for this size project. I would have every confidence that all the defects you have listed will be rectified at some point.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Originally posted by Notters

Originally Posted by ferring seagull

Hope you don't ever suddenly end up with a similar problem !
My apologies; I made the assumption that it was a chronic problem. Maybe I shouldn't have been so judgemental, it was more aimed at the people who clearly had (and always will have) trouble getting up the steps last night... and I have a slipped disc at the moment so it's not always going to be easy for me. But they will allow people with temporary problems (like Brett last night) use the lifts.

Thanks for that, after last night and, having now satiated my desire to see the whole thing, and no longer having the impatience to get up there to see it, ( first time and all that), I will probably just take my time in the future.

As I said, it ought to be a 10/10 for anyone but, as I previously said, what about those who posted 6/10 ?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Posted by Bold Seagull

With the greatest respect, I wasn't for a second trying to cause offence with regard to any physical problem you have. For all you know a quick note to the club explaining the problem would lead to a change to a more appropriate more accessible seat, or as Notters has said the use of a lift. Come on, you know it's still 10/10 regardless of the stairs! [/QUOTE]

Absolutely no offence taken, I know there are lifts and if the club made access to those available I would be highly delighted though hopefully my condition is going to improve.

As I said, my estimation of the stadium is a 10/10 for absolutely anyone, I have gone public by posting my reason for a 9/10 so please don't criticise me for posting a personal issue.

What about those who have posted 6/10.

I am going to enjoy what is to follow at the Amex !

Last edited:

Beachbum71

Beachbum71
Apr 15, 2011
Shoreham beach

Hope you don't ever suddenly end up with a similar problem !

Agreed. There are a LOT of stairs, but that was pointed out at the presentation. However, once you're up there it is so worth the effort. I'm going to give it 10/10 simply because it is now a living, breathing entity for us all to enjoy and no longer just a dream. I LOVE THE AMEX. Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeagulls.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
10/10 for what is essentially still a work in progress given we will be putting more seats and an extra tier in the east stand at some stage. I can accept some of the defects as these will undoubtedly be corrected and eliminated as the stadium grows and the club understand how to use it and maximise its potential.

10/10 simply for how it makes me feel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here