Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer the satisfaction poll

How do you rate the Amex stadium package?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So those who have been, how would you rate the overall package?

I have seen way more moans than I would have expected, give the fact that there are bound to be some glitches and hiccups before they get it spot on.

How did YOU rate the place?? I'm gonna start the poll at 5 because even that is a fecking insult imo :wink:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Why wait 13 minutes?

Oh, I see... What are we comparing it to? or is it a value for money thing (tickets/pies etc..), or is it a 'how proud are you to support The Albion in this shiny new stadium' thing or 'how well have the club executed the plan' or 'would it have been better at Waterhall' ??

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
spinaltap-11.jpg

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What are we comparing it to? or is it a value for money thing? or a 'how proud are you to support The Albion in this shiny new stadium' thing?

You decide, It's a simple question which may have different interpretations to different people. I mean some people seem to have a BIG problem with the dress code in the 1901, some have a problem with the lack of seating in the bar areas etc etc. I personally just love the place, I can cope with any little hiccups like warm beer or slow service, some can't. Vote as you feel...

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Having been there on Monday evening, I can happily state that most people who have not yet visited, will be awe struck.

I gave it a 9/10, that only for the personal reason of the number of stairs up to the WSU which does not appear likely to agree with my dodgy hip.

For those not so disadvantaged, I reckon it will be a 10/10 every time.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Having been there on Monday evening, I can happily state that most people who have not yet visited, will be awe struck.

I gave it a 9/10, that only for the personal reason of the number of stairs up to the WSU which does not appear likely to agree with my dodgy hip.

I went up to the top of the WSU and it did cross my mind that people who are neither young nor physically 100% are likely to struggle. I reckon I'd be staying up there for the game if I had a seat up there!! It's not clear from the photos just how steep it is.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It may seem like a lot of people have gripes, but even if its FIFTY, that's 0.25% of ticket holders - i.e. 1 in 400.

The real grumbles will undoubtably be about transport. that is going to take a few months to settle down, I think.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It may seem like a lot of people have gripes, but even if its FIFTY, that's 0.25% of ticket holders - i.e. 1 in 400.

The real grumbles will undoubtably be about transport. that is going to take a few months to settle down, I think.

I'm thinking of having a moan about the fact that I don't think Bennetts Field will be ready to take my car on 30 July :angry:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

So you struck a point off because you have a dodgy hip? That seems to be a bit unfair on the stadium where the majority of seats are in lower tiers, losing a point on personal seat choice?...(your dodgy hip has my sympathies though!).

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Despite my one small personal winge (9/10 which is down to my own physical condition) I did go on to say that I was confident that most would give it a 10/10. Given the number located in WSU, the overall picture will be hugely favourable. Despite the problem of getting up there, I think it will prove well worth it because the atmos. is going to be epic.

Perhaps question what sort of gripes those have who gave it a 'six' ?

That of course is the stadium, transport, as HK says, remains to be seen !

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would think it'll be 9 or 10 out of 10 from just about everyone, except those who are peering through a handrail, and those who have just been evicted from their seats in the North Stand.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So you struck a point off because you have a dodgy hip? That seems to be a bit unfair on the stadium where the majority of seats are in lower tiers, losing a point on personal seat choice?...(your dodgy hip has my sympathies though!).

and they made it very clear that anyone with any mobility difficulties should not get a seat in the WSU. Was surprised to see some mahoosive people up there last night though.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Originally posted by Notters

Originally Posted by Bold Seagull
and they made it very clear that anyone with any mobility difficulties should not get a seat in the WSU. Was surprised to see some mahoosive people up there last night though.

Hope you don't ever suddenly end up with a similar problem !

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Go against the mold , 7 / 10.

Scores heavy on
Comfort of seat / WSU concourse / view of pitch / low roof wsu

losses points
food looked poor in particular hot dogs / view from wsu of east and unfinished south / restricted view seats / some of the internal finishing looks a bit bodged

Overall look from other stands would mean the points will be better .

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

My apologies; I made the assumption that it was a chronic problem. Maybe I shouldn't have been so judgemental, it was more aimed at the people who clearly had (and always will have) trouble getting up the steps last night... and I have a slipped disc at the moment so it's not always going to be easy for me. But they will allow people with temporary problems (like Brett last night) use the lifts.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
You decide, It's a simple question which may have different interpretations to different people. I mean some people seem to have a BIG problem with the dress code in the 1901, some have a problem with the lack of seating in the bar areas etc etc. I personally just love the place, I can cope with any little hiccups like warm beer or slow service, some can't. Vote as you feel...

Hang on, there's a dress code for the 1901? Are you being serious?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Go against the mold , 7 / 10.

Scores heavy on
Comfort of seat / WSU concourse / view of pitch / low roof wsu

losses points
food looked poor in particular hot dogs / view from wsu of east and unfinished south / restricted view seats / some of the internal finishing looks a bit bodged

Overall look from other stands would mean the points will be better .

I've been thinking about this since last night, glad i am not the only one.

I was not as overwhelmed as I expected to be, but it may be that i was expecting too much? The Memorial stones did not look to be laid with the care that I would have expected. The flights of steps near to the WSU turnstile at the north end still need to be painted properly.... I hope? The stairwells up to the upper concourse could do with a coat of paint on the steps and landings to improve the visual appearance. The concourse area flooring was described as 'polished concrete', I thought they would look better than they did.

Don't get me wrong, it is the best football stadium I have ever stepped into, apart from maybe Wembley, just maybe. I will be eternally grateful to Tony Bloom for his investment, his passion and determination to get us our new home. The actual seating areas are better than any other ground I have been to, or know of, but the little areas that appear unfinished behind the southwest and northwest corners do detract.

I know that this sounds ungrateful but I am just passing on my observations. Maybe the hype and excitement of our homecoming raised my hopes to an unrealistic level, and I am certain that when filled with 22,500 passionate football fans it will feel less clinical than at present. What I am certain of is that the noise levels should be brilliant and that I will be proud to watch the Albion for many years to come at what is one of the best stadiums in European football.

Overall at present 8/10, but that may increase quite soon.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

With the greatest respect, I wasn't for a second trying to cause offence with regard to any physical problem you have. For all you know a quick note to the club explaining the problem would lead to a change to a more appropriate more accessible seat, or as Notters has said the use of a lift. Come on, you know it's still 10/10 regardless of the stairs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here