Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Sweep

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I have changed my mind. I now think the date that Albion receive the news will be 12 April 2004 and the public announcement scheduled for 13 April 2004 but it gets leaked out before then.

If it does not make that date I will have it down for 7 May 2004.

The first date could add impetus or stymy a play-off position bid, and the second would do the same if we are in the play-offs.

Say 25,000+ in a play-off final threatening to pop past Parliament on the way.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Could it even be as late as 26 September 2004 ?

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Will be before 27 feb, i have a feeling:lolol:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No special reason for choosing 12 April 2004, other than this is exactly five years since the Falmer plans were publicly unveiled.

It is almost a year since the CPO Public Inquiry for Arsenal's stadium finished and from the information I have been able to find it will not be until another five months before the Inspector finishes his report. This is six months after the last information was received.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7873-776859,00.html

The Albion plan is much simpler so I would have thought the decision could be made much quicker. It seems that Collyer's Report has already been written up.

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17138&highlight=collyers

Still the beginning of April 2004 seems reasonable to me. I would not expect it to be any earlier?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Some recent Planning Public Inquiry results are taking about a year to be decided.
Council overuled in supermarket plan. One year delay.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/3192427.stm

The BBC might be right about autumn.

Perhaps at the Labour Party conference on 26 September 2004.

Some people may be clever enough to discover Planning Public Inquiry results that are quicker?

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Prescott overules the Planning Inspector and the local Councils on the grounds that public transport is poor.
http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/publish/article_11924.shtml

This precedent is good news for Falmer and this is current 2004 policy. Good news because nobody can say that Falmer does not comply with transport planning policy.
This plan took 12 years to formulate and then after all that time it was turned down.

However, the transport policy may just be the excuse. The plan have really been unpopular for other reasons?

This is a really surprising decsion and shows Prescott puts his policies ahead of votes. The locals are up in arms and mounting petitions etc. Prescott refused to meet the protestors who supported the application because of the jobs it would create.

The result was not known untill 11 months after the Public Inquiry. It looks like we have got a long wait.

I am changing my forecast to 26 September 2004. We will not know until next season. Dismay.

:smokin:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If the delay is a year after the end of the First Public Inquiry (before the supplementary Inquiry) we could expect the result in June or July 2004.

If it is eleven months after the second, it will not be until October 2004.

Don't treat this is a gospel. If Prescott's office comes out in favour, I think the decisions may be made quicker, sometimes. I have not been able to find an example though.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I tried to check up to see if the decisions are any quicker of Prescott says YES.

It does not appear to be so. About the same time, i.e. nearly a year after the Public Inquiry ends. I could not find many examples though. All told Yes and No about half a dozen examples which all took about a year. All the same complexity as the Albion for Falmer case, some, perhaps, a bit simpler.

It seems that the Inspector's recommendations/reports are overturned in a fair number of cases.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So, Perseus, in summation of your postings on this subject, we could expect an announcement anytime from today though to September - thats really useful.

I appreciate that you are trying to make sense of this stuff, but you really have no more of a clue about when we will get the decision than the hapless 'ive got a really good source' Nemo.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'd say 26 September 2004

Although I would tend to plan a lobbying strategy for June or July 2004 just in case it is earlier than expected.

I would not even take it for granted that it will be in 2004.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
bounce :bounce: whos still in? April 7th was my prediction

Birdy

Dec 4, 2003
Hove
Bit of an advantage for me to vote now, but I'm going for April 8th....

Do you think we should send eggs to Prescott for Easter or is that a bad subject?!?!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yorkie said:
Dates guessed so far

Falmer Sweep

Albion Rob Jan 23rd
Turkey Jan 23rd
TC Jan 27th

Just_bhafc Jan 29th
Seagulljaz; Desert Orchid Jan 30th
BlueWhite Jan 31st

Nathan Cook Feb 3rd
Artois Feb 4th
Hampshire Feb 5th
The Large One; Gwylan Feb 6th
Braders7; Scoffers Feb 9th
Bright on Q Feb 10th
Duncan H Feb 12th
CTS ;Soton Seagull : Ned Ludd ; Tom Hark Feb 14th
Lordbez Feb 16th
80’s Seagull; sbee Everest Feb 17th

Jim D; kinkygerbil Feb 18th
Edna Krabappel ; Simster Feb 19th
Blue & White sea Feb 22nd
Hilton Feb 23rd
Raphael Meade Feb 24th
Yorkie; Dick Knights Mum Feb 25th
Gaffer Feb 29th

Portslade Seagull Mar 1st
Albion Edd Mar 2nd
Seagullsgonngetya Mar 3rd
Bobbys Gull Mar 5th
Trigger Mar 8th
Pasty Mar 9th
Lammy Mar 12th
Dover97 Mar 13th
Royalali; Mar 19th
Manx Seagull Mar 20th

BrightonBird; Sandgate Seagull ;Jeremybeadles hand Apr 1st
CrabtreeBHA Apr 7th
Perseus Apr12th
Rusthall Seagull Apr 17th

Marshy May 8th
Bhafc4eva May 12th

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
next tuesday , about midday

don't ask why!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
braders7 said:
next tuesday , about midday

don't ask why!

Once your date has gone you cannot choose another.
You've already had two goes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here