Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
New bridge and barriers.

errrr, I think that's it

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There's a big wide footbridge going/gone up .... and that's about it.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Talks are in progress

They better put on more frequent or bigger trains for that then

the problem is the access at lewes junction which determines the length of trains that can go over it and the frequency of the servicers that can access falmer station.

This was known to be a problem for the stadium application at the public enquiries but the subj was never brought up by the antis

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Are they anticipating another new stadium??? Don't they know there's one there already?

Two stadiums in a area of outstanding natural beauty, previously virgin soil, surely not? Bet the build a hotel too.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not sure its possible to make the train carraiges any more than a 4 car due to the size of the platform, ive not seen a train of a longer configuration than this at falmer station, there is no time to lenghthen the platforms so the only option i suppose is to shuttle the trains from brighton to falmer eg , Brighton -falmer driver changes ends heads straight back off to brighton ect ect... the normal services that go to brighton from seaford eastbourne ect would have to be slotted in to a tight timescale though for the shuttle system to work , it takes around ten minutes to get from brighton to Falmer so in theory you could have the shuttle 6 extra 4 car drop offs at falmer via brighton plus the current 2 per hour regular services running on the east bound line. im sure the club and southern have come up with a much better plan than that but it will be interesting to see how its managed.

... in theory you could have the shuttle 6 extra 4 car drop offs at falmer via brighton plus the current 2 per hour regular services running on the east bound line.

The current service is four trains per hours stopping at Falmer, plus the Ashford train that runs non-stop between Brighton and Lewes.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think they should consider an extra train to Lewes that connects directly with a London train, so fans travelling north don't necessarily have to go via Brighton.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Artists impression - going back into Brighton

Power-of-indian-train-21.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here