Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer station extension?

kano

Jun 17, 2011
My old man has been running platform extension/signal upgrades/new bridges/other railway related shinannigans jobs for about 30 years and when i told him the prices that float about on here for the work he laughed his bollocks off and said it costs fractions on that and either someone is being fobbed off or having their pants pulled down.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
My old man has been running platform extension/signal upgrades/new bridges/other railway related shinannigans jobs for about 30 years and when i told him the prices that float about on here for the work he laughed his bollocks off and said it costs fractions on that and either someone is being fobbed off or having their pants pulled down.

Maybe we're providing a padded platform with direct access to the 1901 lounge?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
They aren't extending the lpatfor they are just trying to improve the operational capacity of the platform and therefore the flow of people on to the trains. Hopefully it'll mean no trains leave half empty.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

It's not the works that costs lost of money, it's dealing with Network Rail as they charge by minute for however long the railway is closed ++ all the legal fees etc.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
They aren't extending the lpatfor they are just trying to improve the operational capacity of the platform and therefore the flow of people on to the trains. Hopefully it'll mean no trains leave half empty.

But part of the problem is that Falmer can only take 7 cars. So for 8 car trains they have to have SDO. This means that it takes longer than it could to fill an 8 car train and also that the 8th car is rarely full.

To me it makes sense from an operational POV to lengthen the platform by 20m to solve this issue. And I fail to see how 20 metres of concrete slabs and associated clearance works could cost much more than £200,000.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here