Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Stadium Site and Coach Park - simply not beautiful enough

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Is the inspector an independent body in this or does Lewes have there own inspector working on there case?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
clap.gif

An audience at Glyndebourne are delighted with this news.

:lolol::bounce:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Whilst this strikes me as very good news - how does it sit in the context of the bigger picture? What exactly does it mean? I keep thinking I can keep up with the various twists and turns of Falmer - but I never do.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
How do i recieve Texts in Turkey?

same as here, it may cost a bit to receive (not sure) just let your network provider know before you go and when your there have roaming turned on

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Is the inspector an independent body in this or does Lewes have there own inspector working on there case?

This is a report from Her Majesty's Planning Inspectorate. It's the same body from where the Inspectors for the Falmer case came, and the Public Inquiry into the South Downs National Park is run in a very similar manner inasmuch as the Inspector will hear evidence from all interested parties before making recommendations to the relevant government department. In this instance, the report went to DEFRA (the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs), the new head of which is Hilary Benn.

Falmer's case is being decided by the DCLG (Department for Communities and Local Government) - which contains the government's planning portfolio - the new head of which is Hazel Blears. So these two issues are not even part of the same government ministry.

It gets better.

Toads Hole Valley is recommended for inclusion in the National Park.

And there is a recommendation that the boundary of the National Park be moved at Sheepcote Valley to include the eastern flank of the Valley (ie to bring the National Park closer to where LDC want us to build a stadium).

If LDC were now to start arguing that Falmer was inappropriate because the stadium would be "immediately adjacent to the National Park", they'd find the same arguments would apply at Sheepcote Valley.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It gets better.

Toads Hole Valley is recommended for inclusion in the National Park.

And there is a recommendation that the boundary of the National Park be moved at Sheepcote Valley to include the eastern flank of the Valley (ie to bring the National Park closer to where LDC want us to build a stadium).

If LDC were now to start arguing that Falmer was inappropriate because the stadium would be "immediately adjacent to the National Park", they'd find the same arguments would apply at Sheepcote Valley.

And one by one... their arguments crumble to dust.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Let's just hope this has been co-ordinated with the Falmer enquiry. Looking very good just a shame this couldn't have been settled prior to the re-opened enquiry.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This is a report from Her Majesty's Planning Inspectorate. It's the same body from where the Inspectors for the Falmer case came, and the Public Inquiry into the South Downs National Park is run in a very similar manner inasmuch as the Inspector will hear evidence from all interested parties before making recommendations to the relevant government department. In this instance, the report went to DEFRA (the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs), the new head of which is Hilary Benn.

Falmer's case is being decided by the DCLG (Department for Communities and Local Government) - which contains the government's planning portfolio - the new head of which is Hazel Blears. So these two issues are not even part of the same government ministry.

Cheers for that and LB

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But surely they will at least talk to each other? They are related issues and it's a major plank of the objectors' argument removed. Hopefully someone will point this out to Hazel, even if it's just unofficially in the Commons bar.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
All the right sounds, but I'm not dancing around with leaps of joy until I get 100% concrete proof.

Is that right? Or was it meant to say "but I'm not dancing around with leaps of joy until I get 100% concrete roof"? If the latter is the case, you won't get one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here