Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Stadium from the air - 22 June 2010

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
They begin laying the pitch in March apparently. And it will be the same dimensions as the pitch at Wembley according to Mr Perry. However, UNLIKE Wembley they are not simply laying infinate clods of turf down - its going to be a pitch that is grown on-site from the roots upwards and properly knitted together.

Thanks.... I was expecting it possibly a bit earlier than that, leaves 4 or 5 months, if that, before the first preperation matches to test all is ok. Especially as it is being grown on site from the roots upwards.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Superb, stunning photos. Thanks so much for posting them.

wodge

Nov 15, 2009
Thanks.... I was expecting it possibly a bit earlier than that, leaves 4 or 5 months, if that, before the first preperation matches to test all is ok. Especially as it is being grown on site from the roots upwards.

The project team have recently said "Pitch construction will begin either just before or just after Christmas. It is of course weather dependent"

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
'kin hell.

Superb clear pics, Duncan.

D

Deleted member 2719

Great Pictures DM.

I viewed it at different angles today and you have to say what ever direction you look at the American Express Community Stadium it looks fantastic.

:amex::love::ascarf::yahoo:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There really does need to be a coffee table book combining all these amazing photos, from the breaking of the ground to stadium completion.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I haven't been to the Amex site since the last game of the season and has it changed since then-your photos show the speed at which the place is growing. Thanks for sharing them:amex:

D

Deleted member 2719

Grass doesn't grow in the winter???

That not strictly true i think it is when the soil temperature drops below 5c it tends to becoming dormant so if we have a mild winter it should slowly trickle along, i have layed turf in January and by march the roots have knitted in.

I really hope we get a superb playing surface to fit this fantastic stadium or it will take the edge off it for me.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Brilliant pictures - amazing!

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Excellent shots, definitely the way to see the stadium now, as the whole thing, will be great when we see the seats going in and a bit of blue emerging from the sea of grey.:albion2:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
That not strictly true i think it is when the soil temperature drops below 5c it tends to becoming dormant so if we have a mild winter it should slowly trickle along, i have layed turf in January and by march the roots have knitted in.

I really hope we get a superb playing surface to fit this fantastic stadium or it will take the edge off it for me.

I'm assuming the undersoil heating will have been laid by then, so would it be possible to use that to ensure the temperature stays above 5?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here