Falmer Seating

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
colchester_north_stand.jpg

Colchester :jester:

May 1, 2009
i reckon blue and white strips in the way they were on the last day of last season with the clap banners, like one block white, one block blue, one block white and so on...

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
colchester_north_stand.jpg

Colchester :jester:

Just looking at that stand at Colchester;although small in size its incline looks steep.
when looking at the Falmer webcam and the east stand being built,is there any one else thinking that the incline is not that steep or is it just me or is it down to the web cam position?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Just looking at that stand at Colchester;although small in size its incline looks steep.
when looking at the Falmer webcam and the east stand being built,is there any one else thinking that the incline is not that steep or is it just me or is it down to the web cam position?

The technical term for the incline is "rake angle" - if you want to read more. I'm sure they wouldn't f*** up something as fundimental as this :)

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
The technical term for the incline is "rake angle" - if you want to read more. I'm sure they wouldn't f*** up something as fundimental as this :)

Im sure they wouldnt but looking at the new south Stand at Blackpool for example, the steps/incline seems to be steeper.

Im not saying this is a fault at TCS and i know whose ground i would rather have but i cant help but notice the the incline does not look that steep.
I hope its just an illusion or the angle from the web cam.

They absolutely HAVEN'T.

The stadium architects, KSS, know exactly how to achieve what's needed. They are particularly proud of this aspect of the design.

... and they are getting commissions to do some good work elsewhere:-

KSS Stadium

Check out the new Spurs stadium.

Images: KSS reveals designs for new Tottenham stadium - Building

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Might have missed the boat on this one but re Easy 10's pics I don't think it's particularly the pic of the face that makes Fratton Park look so shite so much as that it's Shitesmouth's stadium and is by definition in Portsmouth and thereofore Hampshire as a whole. They could play in a replica of Camp Nou and I would still stubbornly cling to the belief that it was a hovel. Happily next season it will be one of the poorer grounds in the Championship following their inevitable relegation.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Colchester's stand seems to have a straight incline. Falmer's incline will be PARABOLIC.

Parabolic achieves a better view of the whole pitch.

I am anxiously awaiting Martin Perry's explanation of parabolic in next weeks podcast on Seagull Player. Do you think he will get out his banana again?

I am anxiously awaiting Martin Perry's explanation of parabolic in next weeks podcast on Seagull Player. Do you think he will get out his banana again?

Take a look at the parabolic seat rake at the back of the auditorium at the Hull Truck Theatre:-

Main-Theatre-With-Lighting-475x268.jpg

WWHT_043.jpg

hull-truck-theatre.jpg

It's designed to achieve the best view of the stage for everyone in the audience and improve leg room..

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Spurs new design looks the dog b*****ks

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
They absolutely HAVEN'T.

The stadium architects, KSS, know exactly how to achieve what's needed. They are particularly proud of this aspect of the design.

... and they are getting commissions to do some good work elsewhere:-

KSS Stadium

Check out the new Spurs stadium.

Images: KSS reveals designs for new Tottenham stadium - Building

I also see that Leeds have a design for a HOTEL to be added to Elland Road (as predicted vocally by Brighton's finest at Ken Bates first game in charge).

:laugh:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Same as Porto's. Class. The steps do for the white stripes and the seats are the right shade of blue.

attachment.php

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Same as Porto's. Class. The steps do for the white stripes and the seats are the right shade of blue.

attachment.php

Fingers crossed, the club will opt for something similar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here