Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

falmer road improvements

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
can someone tell me what is gonna happen with that little flyover over the A27 next to sussex uni which goes up the falmer road?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They're upgrading the whole junction. Here are the latest plans.

SpagettiJuncREX_468x344.jpg

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
can someone tell me what is gonna happen with that little flyover over the A27 next to sussex uni which goes up the falmer road?

there is a reference number for the Brighton council planning page which has details of all the work needed both to the stadium and surronding. Anyone have it???

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
thats the one, cannot see the details of road improvements there tho :blush:

There are NO plans directly to change the arrangements for the existing slip-road that takes people off the A27 eastbound and up a slip-road to join the road to Woodingdean.

However ... a new entrance to Sussex University will be provided, using a widened slip road that currently provides only for traffic entering Stanmer Park. There will also be a new arrangement for traffic travelling from Brighton that wishes to turn right on to the Falmer School site. Both of these schemes are being funded by SEEDA and both of them will have the effect of reducing the amount of traffic that currently uses the slip-road that serves Woodingdean-bound traffic.

There isn't any requirement for a planning application to the City Council for these road schemes. The Secretary of State has already given planning permission, as part of the decision she made to approve the Falmer Stadium site.

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
Didn't know there was going to be a flyover there.

There's going to be one outside the entrance to Stanmer Park, mind.

This is the only thing about the whole project that bothers me....... buiding a new flyover ain't cheap, or quick, or easy...... and as far as I can see it is only there to provide access to one relatively small car park...... or am I missing something?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is the only thing about the whole project that bothers me....... buiding a new flyover ain't cheap, or quick, or easy...... and as far as I can see it is only there to provide access to one relatively small car park...... or am I missing something?

Strangely thats the one part of the project that should go smoothly as didn`t we get funding from seeda for this ?............ its the rest of the funding that worries me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here