Falmer pub/bar on-site

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Do u mean N12?

Anyways - Is this meant to say there is a bar type thing in the North stand with a 280 capacity? And is this just a serving bit in the concourse or an actual pub type bar?

Called the "MUSEUM COFFEE SHOPAND STAFF RESTAURANT" it isnt a concourse bar however cant see it being too much like a pub.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I thought it was well known that we'd have a supporters bar with a capacity of about 3-400. Atilla has talked about it enough. It's unlikely to be in the north stand though. The only reason this planning application^^^ has been lodged, as far as I understand it, is that it involves the insertion of floors within the stadium that didn't previously exist, whereas the supporters bar will be in one of the existing rooms.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Do u mean N12?

Anyways - Is this meant to say there is a bar type thing in the North stand with a 280 capacity? And is this just a serving bit in the concourse or an actual pub type bar?

Looking at all the drawings that is the only space on that application it can be!!! If that is the case I could see it being "one out one in" after less than 5 mins to be honest!!

Now I was thinking about pre-match beverages the other day and it occured to me that this is either drink quite far from the ground i.e Lewes road end or god forbid hikers rest or try my luck in the tiny world of the swan and that will be 3x pints each per bar visit!

I have read and heard about the concourse bars available inside the staduim which got me thinking.

I think it would have been class to have an albion style sports bar on the site...few pool tables and also open 7 days a week with albion showing on the screens like has been mentioned for inside the ground, maybe on the left hand side as you drive in. This would be in the style of Shearer's bar for Newcastle.

Just a thought, im not sure how it stands in regards to planning regs and licenses and extra cost implications for stewarding and policing but if the club owned and ran it then it surely would be profitable and instead of Lewes road drinking and the traffic/train congestion many people would use it as to get in and around the ground early.

thats all i was asking for:ohmy:got shot to bits all the others want to drink outside a toilet:facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Called the "MUSEUM COFFEE SHOPAND STAFF RESTAURANT" it isnt a concourse bar however cant see it being too much like a pub.

At a guess, I'd say it will look more like a museum, a coffee shop and a staff restaurant than a pub.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I think Attila is away at the moment and therefore not in a position to update NSC about the Supporters' Bar.

My understanding, though, is that there has been some considerable progress.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With reference to The Swan and The Hikers wont it be great to have "home fans only" pubs like we do on away games.

Dont Sussex Police want the Hikers Rest to be the designated "away fans" pub so they'll all hopefully be in the same place and not scattered all around Brighton ?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
My understanding, though, is that there has been some considerable progress.

There certainly has been. They started building the walls some time ago. :thumbsup:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
....The Lee Steele bar serves an array of beers, soft drinks and fine wines from around the globe, its shirt freindly and theres even a punch machine if you live in Bevendean or Moulscoombe and you feel left out!

Lee Steele? Why not have someone that actually would appreciate a good bar. Can I suggest the Jimmy Case bar and in the corner about 10 sq M of Steve Foster memorial carpet (if you can't make it to the gents in time).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here