Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Protest - Saturday 14 February

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Falmer Protest - Today

Thanks everyone who turned up - there should be some great pictures shortly from Roz and the Argus turned up as well.

Not sure what Safeway, Trigger and Trotster did in or around The Swan but I suspect all will be revealed ???

Big respect the the Director and wife who kindly turned up with tomato soup to keep us all warm.

Lots of moral support all round with both banners on the bridge over the A27.

We have a spare Saturday coming up soon as Tranmere are through to FA Cup 6th Round.

Let's all get our heads together and dream up another good publicity stunt unless the decision has been made.

Thanks once again and SCR Hawsey for ringing us live at half-time and getting Trotster on first on phone in.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Perhaps a visit to a modern stadium might be a good idea? Who are playing that weekend?

Could see if there are any friendly teams out there who'd like to have their away attendance boosted by a few Albion fans.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good starter CO, let's all have a "brain dump" then pick the best - must not miss this opportunity to do something that will help.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Excellent work everyone.

Can we have some names thet were there please, just so I can picture who is who...

I was the gimp in the South Central Uniform, and Crazy Cornish Gal was the lady with me!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You know me ?

A great lunchtime and afternoon.

Top lunchtime coup by Safeway, Trotster and Trigger to get the landlord of the Swan to pose with the banner in front of the evil eye of Roz's lens.

And a really good afternoon on the bridge over the A27. The amount of support that the Club has for this Falmer project is amazing. Hundreds of passing vehicles beeping their backing for the stadium. It's at moments like this that you know we MUST win this campaign - not just for the thoudsands of people who will go to matches, but for rest of the people of Sussex who plainly want their team to do well.

Mind you, it nearly all went horribly wrong. The Argus photographer turned at Brighton University to find just five of us there. Everyone else was banner flying at the bridge and I had to phone down for reinforcements to fill the pictures with Albion fans.

It's a hell of a long way from Falmer Village to the stadium site (just in case that point hadn't registered with anyone!). Credit to everyone for hurrying along and ensuring the good publicity we'll no doubt get in Monday's Argus.

And my apologies to Fatboy for shouting at him.

:lolol:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Marvellous scenes...

falmer1.jpg

...more to come. But I need another pot of tea or two first. I'm sad like that....

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
Why don't we all go and support a non league side (Worthing) for the day and show how it would cause chaos if the Albion were put out of business and we had to support another Sussex team :D :D

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
SEAGULLS OVER LA said:
beach hut stucked in by falmer. get a life muppet..........

Not sure who you are but you know where to go.

The best things for me today:

Thanks for everyone turning up

Thanks to the Director person and wife with the soup - it really gives a very clear message to me that we are all in this together.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I was there.It was great to meet you all for the first time ,and to be able to put faces to names.The support from passing motorists was fantastic.BTW what is" Seagulls over LA"s problem .Is he jealous because he is missing all the fun?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here