Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Pictures

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well I have to say that the images above look great!!

Can't wait.

Keeping dry. Actually hearing the singing section!

Marvellous scenes!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Buzza said:
Well I have to say that the images above look great!! (Falmer that is)

Can't wait.

Keeping dry. Actually hearing the singing section!

Marvellous scenes!!

RoyalAli said:
I have been a Reading fan since I moved to the area, 7 years ago.
The worst experience I've had at Reading is relegation.
I went to Elm park about 10 times, and the Madejski about 90.
So I agree.
I do have no idea what you've been through.
But I know the basics.
and that is why I'll support you towards Falmer.

Sorry, I don't want to seem like I'm having a go at you. I'm definitely not. Just trying to give you an insight into what we've had to put up with (did I mention that we also finished 91st out of 92 two seasons in a row?). Relegation was annoying last season but it really was nothing in the grand scheme if things. When you finish a season not knowing if there's going to be another one, relegation is a piece of piss. I'm sure all real Brighton fans will agree with that.

Not that I would ever wish what we suffered on any other fan, not even Palace. Fair play to Reading for getting where they are. I'm sure most Albions fans don't resent you for that. We just resent the fact that we're not able to compete - yet. Wait 'til we are though - THEN you'll know about it. ;)

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Looking at that pic really drags the ol' memories up... and I'm not talking about the beloved North Stand, which I hasten to add, had the most amazing atmosphere when it got going. My first game ever was seen from the the East Stand.. *sniff*

SEAGULLS!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
falmer.bmp

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The greatest thing about are club is the belief and commitment of the fans.

We have accepted a dire situation and are now slowly moving in the right direction to the promised land.

I went into work for the first time this week today at lunchtime as I'd been on a course all week. First comment from plastic Reading fan with stupid twang tone "want a good manager" - tosser and not a fan. Hard times to many fans is losing two games in a row.

We are totally committed - how many comments do we get from other fans when on the road about the commitment and our backing for a team. Rushden, Leicester, Grimsby the list goes on and on.

That is the reason why BHAFC is so good, several times I have been told at work how committed I am to Brighton. I love it, it's my life - best example is my 10 year old. All summer watches with interest about the comings and goings at MUFC come 18:00 in Turkey for second half Sky - stripes on and totally geared up for the season as it's Oldham away on the ticker for Sky Soccer Saturday.

This is belief, this is passion, this is BHAFC !

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Safeway said:

The reason it's sloped is because of the way it will be built into the Downs. It's to maintain the contours of the landscape.

I know why it has to be sloped, but I don't think that makes it a good thing. It's a fudge to fit it in with the landscape. I'd much prefer decent sized stands all round... but, granted, it will be better than Withdean whatever happens.

I don't know what people think is wrong with 'bowl' stadiums... there wasn't much wrong with Wembley from an atmosphere point of view, and the Millenium Stadium is fantastic. The key thing is it's closed in all the way round - that's all that really matters.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yes. My aunt sent Martin Perry an email some time ago asking about this and he confirmed the ground could be developed to increase the capacity. Although thats obviously a long long long way down the road.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Well, I have to say, as every day goes by I get more and more excited about Falmer. By the end of this year we will have a clear vision for the future.
By the time we move in, it will have been almost 10 years without a stadium, that is disgusting in this day and age.
Heres to the day we all cheer the boys out to SBTS at the new ground, one thing I wanna know, wheres the singing section going to be??

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Turkey said:
Yes. My aunt sent Martin Perry an email some time ago asking about this and he confirmed the ground could be developed to increase the capacity. Although thats obviously a long long long way down the road.

good to see forward planning,

if planning is given when does the club expect building work to start

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
RoyalAli said:
er, why have you quoted yourself?

I meant to do an edit :lolol: :jester: :dunce:

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Turkey said:

That is totally wrong. No development is allowed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here