Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Pictures

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Can anyone post a picture of the new staduim (pref the one viewed at night) as I want to use it for my desktop on the computer at work.
Thanks people.

MRRF 10

falmerstadium.gif

will this do?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It truly becomes a more beautiful thing every time you look at it as the weeks tick by...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
wish it was the same size all round though, and didnt have that stupid slanty end like Southampton used to have at The Dell.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
I think the staduim looks utter pants myself. So your saying you will visit the ground and say WOW!! Nice staduim ? I would like the staduim like back in the 70's 80's.

So you are saying that we'll have 10,000 people going to the ground just to have a look ? f*** that. we want to have a ground where the atmosphere is eletric and buzzing not prawn munching and photo hunters.

I'm also a fan of old style grounds and hate all these new, souless bowl style jobs. They all look exactly the same apart from the colour of seats. See Southampton, Middlesbrough, Leicester at al.

If you look at the Falmer pictures though you will see that it is actually four seperate stands. Far better IMHO. Good also to see though that the corners are enclosed like at Bolton's ground. Will keep the noise in much better than at, say, the McAlpine.

I think it looks spot on and I positively tingle at the thought of going there to see the Stripes running out to the strains of 'Sussex by the Sea'. Mmmmmm, yeah.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The 8th wonder of the world - we are not worthy of you

I think Falmer will be a good mix of modern and traditional.

English football grounds should have four seperate sides, that's just how it's always been. Bowl style grounds are an evil invasion from the continent. The other plus is that the capactity will never suffer as a result of segregation (unless they split one end).

The reason it's sloped is because of the way it will be built into the Downs. It's to maintain the contours of the landscape.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Don't worry Ali m8, but a picture like that just stirs up a lot of emotion around here. I just sat there for 5 mins or so looking at that piccie and thinking that it was great standing in the North Stand watching the stripes attack!

That's the difference, we had it taken away from us with nowhere to go. It wouldn't have been so bad if we'd had a nice new ground to move into. Could have accepted that as it would have been 'moving on'.

As it was, we played our last game at The Goldstone now knowing if we'd ever watch a Brighton home game again. That's a f***ing depressing thought enough on it's own.
For two years we then had to play our home games 80 miles away in a shitty corner of Kent. The fact the football on offer was utter shite just compounded the issue. And fair play to the 3,000 who did make the trek every fortnight, because I can honestly say I didn't. Not every game anyway, it was just too much.

Without wishing to sound too hard done by, you really have absolutely no idea what we've been through, and continue to go through, as Brighton fans. Yes it's great that we're at least playing within the area but it's still f***ing embarrassing, frustrating and upsetting being the only club in the entire country playing in a shitty converted athletics ground. Everything about Withdean is bollocks. We know that, and every away fan reminds of that. Every time a decent manager walks away it reminds us of it. Sidwell reminded us of it.

I could go on at length about this, but I'd only end up rambling and not making much sense.

Suffice to say, despite all the front and all the banter, us Brighton fans are still thoroughly f***ed over from what that scum did to us in 1997 and it still hurts just as bad as it did back then.
To me it's a massive tribute to us though that, despite all the negatives, we are still so proud of our club and honestly mean it when we say that Brighton & Hove Albion ARE the greatest team the world has ever seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here