Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer opening season ticketing

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
One would assume that the first handful of games at Falmer are going to be a sell out and that leads me to my concern regarding ticketing. Now naturally season ticket sales will rise and i predict this will potentially be around the 8000 mark which would leave 14000 seats available. Obviously i cant be sure of this but for arguments sake just run with that figure for now. Will the club then issue tickets out to fans who have been to x amount of games at withdean or indeed those who have had a season ticket in the past. I for one dont often get to withdean and predominently go to away games. Would this be taken into account or do you think it will be that any remaining tickets are on a first come first serve basis??

The last thing anyone wants is to miss the first game at falmer but naturally people are going to be disapointed

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
First come first serve I'd have thought. The club can't be expected to track individual ticket sales for Withdean over the next 2 years to offer priority to those who have pitched up for the odd game at the dump.

Falmer will hold 22,500. Even once the STH's have had their share, that'll still be PLENTY to accomodate anyone who really REALLY wants to be there for the first game. If it sells out then great, just get in early and secure your seat. I can't believe there will be significant numbers over and above the 23k who were regular Withdeaners being "locked out" at the new stadium.

Those who want to be there, will be there.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
sadly, don't think the first game will be a sellout...more like 15000

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
sadly, don't think the first game will be a sellout...more like 15000

30,000+ to Cardiff not that long ago... I can't see the first game being anything but a sellout. Those that cannot regularly attend games but still do occasionally - myself included - will for the most part try to be there; and thats just to begin with.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
how could we sell 8,000 season tickets next year! away end holds just short of 1,000, you have the corporates, you have the family stand which i think is mainly used for family ticket promotions, plus the club needs the individual match ticket revenue for a little cash flow i would think.

first season back at withdean season tickets were capped at about 5,000 i think, leaving 1,000 or so for individual match sales.

but the answer to this question is simple really - get yourself a season ticket for THIS season and you'll have first dibs on falmer regardless how many STs we sell next.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
how could we sell 8,000 season tickets next year! away end holds just short of 1,000, you have the corporates, you have the family stand which i think is mainly used for family ticket promotions, plus the club needs the individual match ticket revenue for a little cash flow i would think.

first season back at withdean season tickets were capped at about 5,000 i think, leaving 1,000 or so for individual match sales.

but the answer to this question is simple really - get yourself a season ticket for THIS season and you'll have first dibs on falmer regardless how many STs we sell next.

Season ticket sales have never, and will never be capped. What sort of business would turn away money?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Season ticket sales have never, and will never be capped. What sort of business would turn away money?

pretty sure first 2 seasons at withdean season ticket sales were capped. this was to generate MORE revenue not less. The club makes more money selling a seat at full price game-by-game rather than as a season ticket.

also if they'd sold every seat as a season ticket how much cash would be coming in throughout the season! just away end revenue.

i may be wrong of course

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
pretty sure first 2 seasons at withdean season ticket sales were capped. this was to generate MORE revenue not less. The club makes more money selling a seat at full price game-by-game rather than as a season ticket.

also if they'd sold every seat as a season ticket how much cash would be coming in throughout the season! just away end revenue.

i may be wrong of course

More than likely capped due to limited number of seats at withdean especially in first 2 seasons. With a capacity of 22,356 even if there is a limit to how many season tickets sold i dont think we would ever surpass that unless we were in the top flight. Most albion fans like myself would rather pay per game. Theres only a minority of fans that can make every home game of the season. i for one would end up out of pocket if i bought a season ticket as appose to buying per game. That said though if we were ever in a position that a season ticket was the only way to ensure watching the albion then id happily take the loss but until then.......

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
My thinking is that if you want a ticket for the first game at Falmer, you'll be able to get one. Obviously it will be first come first serve, and providing you don't leave it to the last minute after 20,000 + have got in before you, you'll be fine.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I would guess you are fairly young with this message, no disrespect but soon people will see the potential of this club once more. Having followed the Albion since the 70's I know...I would lay money we will easily sell out!

I'm young and i know it'll be a sell out! Its quite simple. Want a ticket garanteed? Get a ST. I will!

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I'm gonna get a season ticket too - it's the first season at Falmer for christs sake!:ascarf:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
What will people consider the 'first game at Falmer' though?

First friendly with vastly reduced capacity to gain safety certificate
First big friendly (Premier League opposition?)
First league match

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Why would the first match NOT sell out?

It'll be a huge occasion for the club, with an 'I was there' pull that we haven't had for years. It'll be the moment that we have FINALLY won the war that began all those years ago, that many didn't believe would ever happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here