Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - Let's build the dream quick style

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Forget this three years to build crap, if hundreds of Charlton fans can show up to reclaim The Valley why can't us Albion fans don the hard hats and help out at Falmer. Obviously there are safety/contractural issues and it isn't that simple, but I for one would give up my time to help out in some small way, even if it's just leaning on a pick axe, smoking a ciggie and revealing a bit of arse crack. We could even slip a bit of terracing into the plans and add a few thousand extra seats.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I already have a job, sorry

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's not about having a job, it's about giving up a few hours a week to shovel shit or something similar, not that such a scheme would become a reality, but if they asked I would be there.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What about if we get one of those TV makeover programmes in?

Handy Andy can knock up a trophy cabinet, while Laurence Llewellyn Bowen adds some flourishes to the main stand. Don't want it too dark and foreboding though, so perhaps we should have that Linda bird as well to co-ordinate a colour scheme that gives the whole place a 'spacious' feel.

Alan Titchmarsh would be a dab hand at getting the pitch ready I'm sure. although we could do without a nice water feature in the centre circle.

Charlton already had the stadium in place. It's one thing to turn up on a Saturday with your wheelbarrow and rake to clear a few weeds. Another to start from scratch which is what we'd be doing, not to mention knocking a few buildings down as well. The health and safety laws are so strict now, I doubt they'd allow lots of happy amateurs on site, all digging for victory.......

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Cheeky Monkey said:
It's not about having a job, it's about giving up a few hours a week to shovel shit
that is my job!

Nov 3, 2003
:lolol: true blue :lolol:

i think Silent is living too much in his unconscious day dreaming about Falmer! its taken long enough already and cant ever see it happening - the future surely for many clubs is to join forces and ground share, that with Pal@rse was shot down years agoi but how long before it rears its ugly head and we see what DICK TIGHT realy is - a Pal@rse fan after all wot Albion fan would have cr@ppel , Tinker and Tinselwood in charge?

Nov 3, 2003
we could build a stand like the lego stand at the Goldstone. :lolol:
after all when the money keeps being ploughed into this pipe dream and none into th eplayers and we slide outta professional football a lego stand is all we'll need

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Unfortunately, a bunch of supporters with shovels would make the construction of the stadium take LONGER.

The mechanical plant and off-site fabrication used nowadays can greatly speed up the work on site.

What's needed is a lot of highly skilled machine operators and craftsmen, sadly not a bunch of well-intentioned amateurs.

You can trust me - I'm a Quantity Surveyor!! :jester:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
With Dick Knight's plans to create a stadium to reflect the happening population of Brighton and Hove I'm surprised Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen isn't already on board as Creative Director.

I trust the designs have already been Feng Shui-ed to ensure good luck and positive karma flows through the place???

How about temporary inflatable stands? Not too dangerous, and entertaining at half time. During the week you could charge passing children 50 pence to bounce around the Stadium. After enough people had paid you could start to replace the inflatables with real stands.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
FG aka Football Genius. said:
the only thing inflated around Falmer is the cost of building the stadium and Silents head as it inflates and gets bigger !

Let's hope you're right about the cost being inflated, as it will mean that it can be built for less!!

Another quality posting from FG :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You can be a hod carrier FG, you'll be too worn out to keep f*ing moaning all the time. You'll also find out what hard work it is making a pipe dream come to fruition.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Soton Seagull said:
How about temporary inflatable stands? Not too dangerous, and entertaining at half time. During the week you could charge passing children 50 pence to bounce around the Stadium. After enough people had paid you could start to replace the inflatables with real stands.

Fantastic. Imagine how mental we could all go when we score.

And smashing your head against the wall if the team has a stinker wouldn't hurt a bit! :clap:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
You wouldn't want some enormous 40 stone individual sitting too close though - you'd be rolling off your seat into the depression they created, and end up sitting on their lap.

On the plus side though, that may make leaving early a lot more difficult...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here