Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Latest

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Having received the letter from the government, the cabinet of LDC meets tomorrow, at 2.30, to decide whether to sign the consent order. The end could be in sight.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I bet you a million squillion alterian dollars they will take six months to decide what to do

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
They will meet tomorrow to think of another reason to delay what they have already delayed. Prepare for fustration tomorrow afternoon :censored:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The end will be in sight.....ahhhhhhhh. I can't wait. Unfortunately I don't think they will back down just yet. They will want to save some face, in the amount of time and money they have put towards their action.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dies Irae said:
I bet you a million squillion alterian dollars they will take six months to decide what to do

Too old and so too cynical but definitely right though :down:

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Having spoken to the LDC press officer today, I expect the following to happen: one, LDC sign the consent order; two, the government gives Falmer the go-ahead in a letter that addresses all the issues that LDC raised in their letter of objection; LDC, realising that it has no grounds for appeal, grudgingly accepts the decision. Such an outcome will render the Seagull Party redundant.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
unnameable said:
Having spoken to the LDC press officer today, I expect the following to happen: one, LDC sign the consent order; two, the government gives Falmer the go-ahead in a letter that addresses all the issues that LDC raised in their letter of objection; LDC, realising that it has no grounds for appeal, grudgingly accepts the decision. Such an outcome will render the Seagull Party redundant.

I'll have a pint of whatever you're on, please.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
unnameable said:

Then England go on to beat Brazil 4- 1 in the World Cup Final after beating Germany 5- 1 again, just to show it wasn't a fluke, with Crouch scoring a hat trick and, and....:drink: :drunk: :rescott:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
unnameable said:

Source????

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
sullyupthewing said:
Well if the outcome makes the Seagull party redundant, I will :drink: to that

Me too,:drink: Good luck to PS and all the others involved with the Seagulls Party but i for one will celebrate if the decision goes our way and the Party, which was launched Today (i think) has the shortest political life on record.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
BensGrandad said:
Didnt he say ' having spoken to the press officer of LDC today' that is his source, one would expect, the person who will make the announcement.

I can't quite believe it. From what I know (which on this subject is, unusually for a change, quite a lot) no Local Government press officer would express such open views about what they thought their employers might do; especially if he/she thought they might be quoted in any way.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Exactly. And I know a LOT of local government press officers. And I know that Ben's Grandad talks a LOT of rubbish on here.

Heads fully down, everyone. I think we're going to have to go in.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Exactly. And I know a LOT of local government press officers. And I know that Ben's Grandad talks a LOT of rubbish on here.

Heads fully down, everyone. I think we're going to have to go in.
But have you EVER come across a local government press officer who couldn't recognise the chief local reporter on the local paper that was based in the same town as the council she worked for?

I have. And she is LDC's very own Liz Lacon.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
If this is true, I think I might have to get very drunk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:

[/QUOTE

Excuse me but all I did was answer the question about the persons source as they had mentioned their source. This had nothing to do with any story from me. So an apology would be accepted.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
unnameable said:

Here's hoping that this post is accurate, and that your source has got it 100% correct... :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here