Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - how will news break

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
The decision will coe via the POST and MAY have arrived at certain intersted parties' offices this morning.

I would have thought they would need to be far more certain of the decision arriving than that. They cannot be about to make an announcement only to discover that someone's post hasn't arrived yet, then they twiddle their thumbs for a couple of days waiting for it to show up.

It MUST be getting signed for, and logically they would use a courier.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What is the website it will appear on ..... not that I'm suggesting other sources are unreliable.

What am I suggesting? That, the official sight is slow, or that the local radio will announce it wrong, surely not!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gritt23 said:
I would have thought they would need to be far more certain of the decision arriving than that. They cannot be about to make an announcement only to discover that someone's post hasn't arrived yet, then they twiddle their thumbs for a couple of days waiting for it to show up.

It MUST be getting signed for, and logically they would use a courier.

The caretakers sign for ALL post that comes into this building, why they are excited I don't know mind.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Gritt23 said:
What is the website it will appear on ..... not that I'm suggesting other sources are unreliable.

What am I suggesting? That, the official sight is slow, or that the local radio will announce it wrong, surely not!

The ODPM website will have the official annoucement, but I expect that many websites will carry it at the same time.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
Letters will be sent today, probably via courier.

A press release will be issued tonight but most probably with an embargo until 9.30 tomorrow morning. The officials announcment will be made by ODPM (on their website) though the club will no doubt do their own thing at the same time.

Then NSC will go into meltdown and no one will know for sure what is going on.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Wardywonderland said:
Then NSC will go into meltdown and no one will know for sure what is going on.

:lol: Think I'll have to give my mobile phone email out so someone can let me know as it's announced.

Last edited:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
any chance of a memorable annoucnement just before kick off tonight? thatd really get the away boys pumped up for the game... as long as it was the right decision

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
y2dave said:
I understand the first people to receive the Falmer verdict are those listed with the ODPM as interested parties. Anyone know who these are? Obviously the club and council(s) and I believe Lord B is one.

Does ODPM have to courier these documents to all parties before releasing an offical press release? What if the courier can't locate the individuals? Can ODPM just proceed with a offical press release or will we be hearing half baked versions of the truth like last times Falmer NO/Maybe verdict?

Getting very excited now!

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57214

Last edited:

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that courier delivery might be restricted to the Applicant and the relevant Local Planning Authorities - ie the Albion's planning agents, DMH Stallard, Brighton & Hove City Council and Lewes District Council.

The other interested parties will probably only get the decision through the post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here