Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - how will news break

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I understand the first people to receive the Falmer verdict are those listed with the ODPM as interested parties. Anyone know who these are? Obviously the club and council(s) and I believe Lord B is one.

Does ODPM have to courier these documents to all parties before releasing an offical press release? What if the courier can't locate the individuals? Can ODPM just proceed with a offical press release or will we be hearing half baked versions of the truth like last times Falmer NO/Maybe verdict?

Getting very excited now!

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
y2dave said:
I understand the first people to receive the Falmer verdict are those listed with the ODPM as interested parties. Anyone know who these are? Obviously the club and council(s) and I believe Lord B is one.

Does ODPM have to courier these documents to all parties before releasing an offical press release? What if the courier can't locate the individuals? Can ODPM just proceed with a offical press release or will we be hearing half baked versions of the truth like last times Falmer NO/Maybe verdict?

And I thought that was a pistol in your pocket!!

:eek:

y2dave said:

Yeah some good points there,does everyone have to be handed the docs at exactly the same time?can the courier leave them with a neighbour or behind the Hydranger(sp).Oh I wish it was today,back to work tommorow so will not be able to celebrate properly,bollox.:angry:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Who will be first to post the news on NSC and how many separate "Falmer-YES" threads will be started within seconds of each other?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I have heard that the answer shall be delivered by 6 foot valkyrie warrior maidens, descending from the heavens in wing-ed chariots, accompanied by a fanfare of trumpets led by Louis Armstrong, who will then sing A Wonderful World.

:angel:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Last time around we heard advance news about couriers being ordered and notification being sent so we knew the decision was due the next day. If we believe OTLW (Nic) then this should be happening today or tomorrow.

Last time around, Lord B was the News Giver In Chief, and he actually managed to dispell the inaccurate reporting of SCR by reading the actual text of the letter direct to the club (and to us).

I believe that letters will be sent out to the interested parties, but it's a bit of a lottery as to who happens to open the letter first.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Hiney said:
And is it now safe to assume that we won't hear today??

You'd think so!

dull boy

Oct 11, 2005
Curious Orange said:
I have heard that the answer shall be delivered by 6 foot valkyrie warrior maidens, descending from the heavens in wing-ed chariots, accompanied by a fanfare of trumpets led by Louis Armstrong, who will then sing A Wonderful World.

You've been talking to Yorkie, haven't you? :lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Curious Orange said:

That bits not in my New International Bible-you must be working from the King James version:lolol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hiney said:
And is it now safe to assume that we won't hear today??

In the words of Jimmy Somerville, "it aint necessarily so."

Surely the documents will be sent by courier and not Royal Mail, therefore they could all be booked on bikes to go out this morning, to be delivered by 12 noon (for example).

Announcement this afternoon .... why not?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Gritt23 said:
In the words of Jimmy Somerville, "it aint necessarily so."

Surely the documents will be sent by courier and not Royal Mail, therefore they could all be booked on bikes to go out this morning, to be delivered by 12 noon (for example).

Announcement this afternoon .... why not?

You're just hoping for a memorable birthday present aren't you?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The decision will coe via the POST and MAY have arrived at certain intersted parties' offices this morning.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
The decision will coe via the POST and MAY have arrived at certain intersted parties' offices this morning.

Sending things out by post is a f***ing joke, why not a offical press release on the web.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
DK and the squad went to Falmer yesterday, so it will have to wait until he opens the post on his return.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
y2dave said:
Sending things out by post is a f***ing joke, why not a offical press release on the web.

I think it does appear on the ODPM website, not sure they USED Royal Mail either. Spose I could find out.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Bwian said:
You're just hoping for a memorable birthday present aren't you?

Urm, YES, ok I am just looking for an excuse to get unbelievably drunk tonight.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Letters will be sent today, probably via courier.

A press release will be issued tonight but most probably with an embargo until 9.30 tomorrow morning. The officials announcment will be made by ODPM (on their website) though the club will no doubt do their own thing at the same time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here