Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - Headache for the Old Bill?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If we go up i can imagine it becoming quite a headache for the old bill.
Will there be a more attractive away day in the country?.All we had missing was a decent stadium for a memorable weekend away with the lads.Adding to that the amount of away fans that will travel on the train.
I know there is a chance some of these might go up (or down)but think of the games next season:Millwall,Palace,Pompey,Saints,Cardiff,Swansea plus i could see teams like Forest selling out.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
If we go up i can imagine it becoming quite a headache for the old bill.
Will there be a more attractive away day in the country?.All we had missing was a decent stadium for a memorable weekend away with the lads.Adding to that the amount of away fans that will travel on the train.
I know there is a chance some of these might go up (or down)but think of the games next season:Millwall,Palace,Pompey,Saints,Cardiff,Swansea plus i could see teams like Forest selling out.

Another chance for police overtime.....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Think Brighton and Falmer stations could be a real couple of flashpoint areas. Especially post match when everyone is going back from Falmer to Brighton. I did mention on one of the pic threads a couple of weeks back that there are also many vantage points to be throwing missiles from the bridge onto the platform. Going to be interesting to see how well policed and stewarded it is.

Think Brighton and Falmer stations could be a real couple of flashpoint areas. Especially post match when everyone is going back from Falmer to Brighton. I did mention on one of the pic threads a couple of weeks back that there are also many vantage points to be throwing missiles from the bridge onto the platform. Going to be interesting to see how well policed and stewarded it is.

You would think we'd never hosted football matches before!
The same issues exist all over the league, with every station that's local to a football ground.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
The same issues exist all over the league, with every station that's local to a football ground.

Some people are getting a bit excited about possible trouble? Personally I go to football just to watch a game, yes we all taunt away fans but meeting outside for a punch up is so 1978....

I was chased at the Goldstone in the 70's by millwall and west ham...its not fun....

Anyway in my eyes football violence is pathetic, any one caught and convicted, should be banned for life.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Get arrested, get your name on the database. when the tickets carry a photo linked to your ticket,which we've been told will happen, you won't need to worry about any trouble.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

This! You do wonder how the other 91 clubs manage to survive the weekly CARNAGE!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If the opposition fans look iffy they'll be held back for an hour, just like Cardiff went it was pouring with rain at Withdean, our Police know what to do.

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
If the opposition fans look iffy they'll be held back for an hour, just like Cardiff went it was pouring with rain at Withdean, our Police know what to do.

so they can join all the fans staying for a drink after the game at the ground??

should be good

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
so they can join all the fans staying for a drink after the game at the ground??

should be good

I can see you've not been to many games. Those of us who can remember what is was like in the seventies do. Believe me opposition fans are not a new phonomenum. FYI fans with a reputation are escoorted to and from the ground, they would also not be allowed into Brighton.

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
I can see you've not been to many games. Those of us who can remember what is was like in the seventies do. Believe me opposition fans are not a new phonomenum..

who said away fans are a new PHENOMENON

your not very good if you think i have not been to many games

rememember the mid eighties very well thanks

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
who said away fans are a new PHENOMENON

your not very good if you think i have not been to many games

rememember the mid eighties very well thanks

Really, then why make such a stupid remark in the first place ? We have had hostile crowds at Withdean let alone the Goldstone, Palace, Millwall, Portsmouth, Leeds and Cardiff and yet the only place that had any trouble following a Withdean game was Worthing after we played Cardiff. Also, as you want to be so pedantic about spelling you should say "you're" not "your", capitals would be nice too.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Woe betide anyone having an opinion on an opinion board, the sarcasm police and following sheep will certainly try to show their alpha male superiority! Bless 'em...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Woe betide anyone having an opinion on an opinion board, the sarcasm police and following sheep will certainly try to show their alpha male superiority! Bless 'em...

Well having an opinion is one thing but the right is reserved to contradict said opinion. All people have done here is try to point out that having more opposition fans at Falmer doesn't mean that there will be more trouble. We've all come a long way since the seventies.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Counter opinions are fine mate, just can't understand some peoples intelligence that only allows them to try and be clever with sarcasm... hey ho.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
there will be trouble though - get your head out the clouds

If that's aimed at me let me suggest you read post three of this thread by me, I am interested in how the police cope with any flashpoints but that is obviously worth the intelligentsia's sarcasm.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If that's aimed at me let me suggest you read post three of this thread by me, I am interested in how the police cope with any flashpoints but that is obviously worth the intelligentsia's sarcasm.

Not sure about everybody but I wasn't being sarcastic just making a point based on (in this case) many years of watching Brighton home and away. I can't see why some people assume that just because we have a bigger (and easier to Police) stadium why there will be more trouble. It's doesn't follow as for a start the Police are far more able to deal with crowd trouble than in days gone by. My problem is that some people seem to be looking forward to confrontations which damn near killed the game not that long ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here