Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - Has This Been Considered?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I can confirm that Stanford Bridge is heated. My thought was, as I sat in the warm, I might have well have stayed in and watched this on the telly.

Sterile,no atmosphere,shit fans experience all round.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Good grief! Players will be wearing gloves next. :(

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A poster puts up a football thread (football thread) to try and generate debate and in return gets derision and abuse for his efforts from many on here.

:nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Heaters suspended from the roof. Yes, very good.

Also then. I would like my seat to be a black leather recliner with padded armrests. I would like a flatscreen TV monitor embedded in the back of the seat in front, showing a live feed of the match including replays, and a man commentating in the voice of Brian Moore. I would also like the opportunity of changing channels and viewing Sky Sports News, and a selection of the latest movies that have been released, just in case the match is a bit dull. There should also be a PS3 built in for my use. I should also be able to press a button somewhere to request a full body massage, and have a qualified female masseuse arrive at my seat within 3 minutes, all ready to grease me up. She should also be available to perform "extras".

Oh, and I want my own chihuahua. Not to take home obviously. Just have him fed and cleaned and waiting at my seat for each match, so that I might pet him during the game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Maybe the fact PSV are owned by Philips explains why their stadium is electrically superior.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Hmm not sure. You'd need somewhere to hang your coat on winter matchdays, wouldn't you?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Also then. I would like my seat to be a black leather recliner with padded armrests. I would like a flatscreen TV monitor embedded in the back of the seat in front, showing a live feed of the match including replays, and a man commentating in the voice of Brian Moore. I would also like the opportunity of changing channels and viewing Sky Sports News, and a selection of the latest movies that have been released, just in case the match is a bit dull. There should also be a PS3 built in for my use. I should also be able to press a button somewhere to request a full body massage, and have a qualified female masseuse arrive at my seat within 3 minutes, all ready to grease me up. She should also be available to perform "extras".

Oh, and I want my own chihuahua. Not to take home obviously. Just have him fed and cleaned and waiting at my seat for each match, so that I might pet him during the game.

Carlsberg dont do football stadia, but if they did:lolol:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Bar, betting facilities and a roof, will do just fine....Unless we can convince someone to let us have a terrace end, that would be perfect, with the roof of course.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

You were doing SO well until that...although I guess if your point is to have a stadium full of things that are pointlessly showy and over-priced, well, spot on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You were doing SO well until that...although I guess if your point is to have a stadium full of things that are pointlessly showy and over-priced, well, spot on.

Well, its got blu-ray as well remember. And it IS only for if the game is boring, which is of course highly unlikely with Super Slades Albion All-Stars tearing up the league.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
When i toured the Bernabau the guide said that the seats were heated...tried to check it out but could find nothing which would actually pump out the warm air

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

No beer tap?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Well I think it's a bloody good idea personally - as was pointed out if we were to use solar power it would cost little and, personally, I don't think that sitting in soaking wet clothes contributing to arthritis in later years is desperately heroic.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Well I think it's a bloody good idea personally - as was pointed out if we were to use solar power it would cost little and, personally, I don't think that sitting in soaking wet clothes contributing to arthritis in later years is desperately heroic.

Spot the flaw here:

Solar Power-England-Winter. :jester:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Spot the flaw here:

Solar Power-England-Winter. :jester:

Yeah I see your point but I think that solar panels store the electricity from when it IS sunny (you know - those three or four days in June) and utilise it when it is needed. Otherwise what woukd be the point of touting them as clean efficient energy if they didn't work ? Solar power can be obtained even when it isn't THAT sunny. Think it's worth looking into anyway

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The only time I have encountered it was at the Bernabeau one of the times Ive been over to see Real play. It was snowing so was more than happy to have it on.

Heres some pics of it.

3395337727_03346d2a8c.jpg

110230499_aa4ad9c643.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here