Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer funding....again

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Just because somebody is worth £966m doesnt mean they have liquid assets to put into a football club of £966m. £950m could be in land and property or a valuation of a business asset.

Funnily enough I didn't think there were many billionaires around with a ten figure balance in their current account.

I think if the owner of Cheltenham Town, keeping with the same example, is worth nearly a billion pounds as 442 suggest, and is itching to pump millions into the club he would be able to do so quite easily, even if that meant selling some other assets to raise the money. Rich owners are not necessarily all sugar daddies.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I was just pointing out that there is money behind the club, which most people seem to disagree about. Nobody knows whether if called upon this 1 individual would stump up the lions share of the costs. The thread asked if we had anybody with the required amount of money close to the club and the simple answer is yes.

Well, who is it?

I can't think of anyone 'closely associated with the club' (whatever value that phrase has) who has £50m TO SPARE.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I am no city financial expert but surely the club would have been foolish to secure all the funding at this moment when credit is hard to come by and could therefore be more costly, especially as we are not spending £50/60m all in one day. When credit becomes more available then there will be more competition and a better deal can be achieved for each stage. Of course, I could be talking utter bollocks.

There was a story in the Times last week about people needing an average 40% deposit to get a mortagage to buy a house in London- apparently about £160, 000. Even allowing for press exaggeration, that would suggest that loans possible 6 months ago are no longer considered safe risks.

Homes aren't Stadia, but even so I do hope we don't end up with an Oxford Utd style shell for several years before the stadium is half completed. It's not going to get built on the power of positive thinking alone.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well, who is it?

I can't think of anyone 'closely associated with the club' (whatever value that phrase has) who has £50m TO SPARE.

I thought that as you are supposed to know everything about the club and the people who keep it running you would have worked out the name of the person I am talking about !

Incidentally I didnt say he/she had it TO SPARE just that if the person concerned paid for Falmer at the stated price it would put a dent in their wealth. As one of their closest business asociates told me he/she could write a cheque out for £100m and it would be met, and has nothing to do with other assets, buildings etc.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I thought that as you are supposed to know everything about the club and the people who keep it running you would have worked out the name of the person I am talking about !

Then you're a pillock then, aren't you?

Incidentally I didnt say he/she had it TO SPARE just that if the person concerned paid for Falmer at the stated price it would put a dent in their wealth. As one of their closest business asociates told me he/she could write a cheque out for £100m and it would be met, and has nothing to do with other assets, buildings etc.

If he's not prepared to, then you're talking in hypotheticals, which is still pretty pointless.

So are you going to reveal the identity of this person or not?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fine.

So someone anonymous to us but known to you might or might not need to put his hand in his pocket should the stadium funding go belly-up. It's not clear whether he has or hasn't been asked, nor to what extent. It's also not clear whether he is prepared to do so.

All we know is, according to your source, he can should he be prepared to do so after he has been asked should we need to ask him.

Got you. :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Fine.

So someone anonymous to us but known to you might or might not need to put his hand in his pocket should the stadium funding go belly-up. It's not clear whether he has or hasn't been asked, nor to what extent. It's also not clear whether he is prepared to do so.

All we know is, according to your source, he can should he be prepared to do so after he has been asked should we need to ask him.

It just smacks of - " I have a cunning plan " :lolol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Fine.

You mean there is something about the inner dealings of the club that you don't know about??

Well I must say I'm shocked!

Didn't Martin tell you last time you were dry humping his leg?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just to reiterate and put an end to this. The question was asked is there anybody close to the club who COULD put up the money. The answer is YES there is but whether or not he would is unknown to everbody except himself, and he may not have even considered it fully. I do not think that the question has been raised with him, all I have said is that he does have the money and I have at no time hinted that he would or would not it is all hypothetical until the situation arises, if in deed it does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here