Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer From The Top of Ditchling Beacon 20/6/10

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
After the ordeal of having to cycling up Ditchling Beacon yesterday, I took time out to have an ice cream and take these two pics in the hazy sky

Attachments

• IMG_3174.JPG
    IMG_3174.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,189
  • IMG_3173.JPG
    IMG_3173.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,183

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Nice work mendoza.

I have to say that as I made it to the top of the Beacon yesterday the sight of the stadium glinting like a jewell in the distance was the most beautiful thing I ever did see. I even shouted Seagulls much to the confusion of other riders.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
crikey from that angle its all surrounded by greenery, could even look like an AONB....

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Nice work mendoza.

I have to say that as I made it to the top of the Beacon yesterday the sight of the stadium glinting like a jewell in the distance was the most beautiful thing I ever did see. I even shouted Seagulls much to the confusion of other riders.

likewise. the man on the PA man saw me in my Brighton shirt, and he started come on seagulls when you get to the top you will see the stadium. Gave me an extra boost. Shame it wasnt really sunny, as it would have shone properly.

When the grass grows back on the Southern field on village way, you wont be able to notice it :wink:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
likewise. the man on the PA man saw me in my Brighton shirt, and he started come on seagulls when you get to the top you will see the stadium. Gave me an extra boost. Shame it wasnt really sunny, as it would have shone properly.

When the grass grows back on the Southern field on village way, you wont be able to notice it :wink:

I had already done this last week! But didnt post on here coz Im not an attention seeker...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
..I think that it enhances the AONB!
I would go further than that. If you look at the environs of the stadium, apart form the curves of the Downs, there's nothing 'natural' about it. It's actually an agri-industrial estate: large, unnatural, man-made fields maintained by machinery and routinely covered with various chemicals. The stadium is easily the most beautiful and attractive feature of that part of the Downs.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
looking great nice picture too Mendoza

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Could / should the pipework be painted green to blend with the greenery it sits within?

I'm sure it could, but most people will be seeing the arches from ground level and looking up. In this case, the arches will have the background of the blue of the sky and the white of the clouds - so blue and white would be more appropriate colours!

But I'm more than happy with white.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Somebody moaned, years ago, that you'd be able to see it from the Beacon and i thought it was the usual NIMBY scaremongering.

Hmmm, seems they were right after all.

:lolol:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
saw it yesterday when trying to get air back into my lungs, looks the bollox from there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here