derby_aerial2.jpg

_41009304_boro_416x300.jpg

Ricoh-590x320.jpg

doncaster_aerial.jpg

_46932013_worldcup_mk.jpg

Really unique stadium you have there Redneb

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What is this obsession with Southampton fans trying to prove they are better? Another football forum is crawling with them.

St Mary's is better than Hillsborough because it doesn't have pillars and has more toilets per head etc

Even their training ground is going to be the best as they have a 'ball signing room'.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Football%20stadium%20036.jpg

derby_aerial2.jpg

_41009304_boro_416x300.jpg

Ricoh-590x320.jpg

doncaster_aerial.jpg

_46932013_worldcup_mk.jpg

Really unique stadium you have there Redneb

Whats your point? The modern design for stadia requiring over 25,000 seats is to have it as a bowl going all round. Only smaller teams can get away with having their new ground looking prettier.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Hardly a shithole I would say, and without of course the luxury of only needing a max of 22,000 fans.

st marys stadium - Google Maps

But future proofed and expandable to 35K, of course thats only useful when we become THE South Coast Club, I'd suggest 22k is more Saints level since you are so comfortable in league 1 now and have Dean Hammond playing for you, can you downgrade St Marys?

Last edited:

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Whats your point? The modern design for stadia requiring over 25,000 seats is to have it as a bowl going all round. Only smaller teams can get away with having their new ground looking prettier.

Seats can be put in the corners and an extra tier put on the East stand of The Amex taking the capacity to over 30,000 so your point is well, pointless.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

I am not really sure what the point is that you are trying to make, I don't think the architect had a bowl in mind when the ground was designed. Fans of many different clubs have acknowledged how good Falmer will look when it is finished, including one who posts on here and who has played an important part in its construction...I am quite happy to go on record and say that, in my opinion, only the Emirates will be a better looking ground next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here