Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer from above?

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
thank you Alan for putting me right. I am so grateful for your input.

I was trying to work out how the football piches sketched out at Falmer School ties into that map as when I attended Falmer School, the station was definately further North than our football pitches.

unless of course they are not the falmer school pitches at all

I don't think they are Falmer school pitches ... They are UoB sports fields, there is a cricket pitch in there somewhere as well ...

A drawing was handed out yesterday that shows how the stadium site overlaps with the existing University buildings. I think that came as a surprise to some people, who imagined that the stadium was going to be built "in a muddy field".

Only part of the stadium is in the field. The rest is on the campus.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I certainly intend waiting, post-match, in the supporters' bar at the stadium until things have quietened down at the station.

i take it that is what the albion are banking on.....most people staying behind.

trouble is we all know people like to get away as quick as possible at the end of games.....

just ask Arsenal fans about getting away from the emirates!

i take it that is what the albion are banking on.....most people staying behind.

trouble is we all know people like to get away as quick as possible at the end of games.....

But they have to travel all the way to Sussex. I'll be only wanting a train to Glynde.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I certainly intend waiting, post-match, in the supporters' bar at the stadium until things have quietened down at the station.

If there is a large enough bar, with decent beers, I would be happy to stay for a drink after the match if it meant not being packed on to a train like a sardine.

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
The concourse bars will be open after the game as will the supporters' bar. The TVs in the concourses will be linked to train and bus information. So you can watch the Club's TV or Sky and then choose when to get on a train.

Ahh but our fans like to start leaving ten minutes before the end of the game..............., just after their fourth goal has gone in:down::lolol:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The concourse bars will be open after the game as will the supporters' bar. The TVs in the concourses will be linked to train and bus information. So you can watch the Club's TV or Sky and then choose when to get on a train.

That would be awesome:thumbsup:

Surf 'n' Turf

Sep 21, 2008

Perfect. What a dream this will be compared to Withdean.

I think there might actually be a God you know? :albion2:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
A drawing was handed out yesterday that shows how the stadium site overlaps with the existing University buildings. I think that came as a surprise to some people, who imagined that the stadium was going to be built "in a muddy field".

Only part of the stadium is in the field. The rest is on the campus.

Too true LB, I was amazed at where the 'west' corner flag was. I had no idea it was that far over.
In fact, I am now going to vote against this carbuncle which will ruin the South Downs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here