Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Finance - £20million from one individual

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I spoke to someone today who is heading up one of the banks trying to gain some of the finance of the new stadium.

He told me that in the clubs presentation to them a few weeks ago, £20million of the £50million that is needed for the stadium will be coming from an "un-named individual".

When they questioned this further, the club's representatives said that the benefactor would be named in the final proposal, and was willing to invest significanty more money into the club in order to get the club into the Premiership in five years.

The club would not confirm whether this benefactor was already an investor, however it did state that the investment in the playing side of the club would commence this summer in order that by the time Falmer was opened the team would be able to challenge at the right end of the Championship. Exciting news if true, and I would say the source is 100% reliable.

The appointment of Micky would also support this as I suspect any future or current investor would have more confidence in the spending of their money in a tried and tested manager than one who is up and coming.

And yes I know I can't spell Falmer in the thread title!! Grrrrrr

Last edited:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
When they questioned this further, the club's representatives said that the benefactor would be named in the final proposal, and was willing to invest significanty more money into the club in order to get the club into the Premiership in five years.

I want to get to the Premiership with the use of shrewd signings and hard graft. I don't want some multi-millionaire waltzing in and giving Adams £2 million to buy the best team in the Division.....oh wait, yes I do!
Great news if this indeed turns out to be true, i'm extremely excited about next season already. Might have a punt on us to get promoted before we start signing players :ascarf:

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
watch this space ? could new money of this proportion mean that dick knight steps down?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
name your source then , f k sake all this source bollocks is shite. Wont make any difference if you reveal it . Hardly gonna be taken to court as Giraffe.
Make it credible , do the right thing

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
watch this space ? could new money of this proportion mean that dick knight steps down?

It wouldn't surprise me. As much as he has done a great job, I really feel that it's his time to step down as Chairman, although I still think keeping him involved in the club is essential.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

DK will not step down until he has walked out at Falmer. However I would expect it to happen very shortly after that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
name your source then , f k sake all this source bollocks is shite. Wont make any difference if you reveal it . Hardly gonna be taken to court as Giraffe.
Make it credible , do the right thing

If I name the source, that bank will be shown to have breached the confidence that the club had in them, and that wouldn't look that great would it. Hardly fair when the guy was telling me in confidence (oops I blew it!!!)

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
DK will not step down until he has walked out at Falmer. However I would expect it to happen very shortly after that.

if someone is putting 20m into the club then DK will not get a choice if the new investor wants to be chairman he will be.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If I name the source, that bank will be shown to have breached the confidence that the club had in them, and that wouldn't look that great would it. Hardly fair when the guy was telling me in confidence (oops I blew it!!!)

to name this but nothing else is frankly shite

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I spoke to someone today who is heading up one of the banks trying to gain some of the finance of the new stadium.

He told me that in the clubs presentation to them a few weeks ago, £20million of the £50million that is needed for the stadium will be coming from an "un-named individual".

The club would not confirm whether this benefactor was already an investor, however it did state that the investment in the playing side of the club would commence this summer in order that by the time Falmer was opened the team would be able to challenge at the right end of the Championship. Exciting news if true, and I would say the source is 100% reliable.

The appointment of Micky would also support this as I suspect any future or current investor would have more confidence in the spending of their money in a tried and tested manager than one who is up and coming.

And yes I know I can't spell Falmer in the thread title!! Grrrrrr

Lost me at this point. Does not sound like something that would be discussed like this. It has a different tone from everything else.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Lets hope they had the same conversation with more than one bank, then, because otherwise they're already aware of that breach without you having to name names!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Lost me at this point. Does not sound like something that would be discussed like this. It has a different tone from everything else.

It actually formed part of their presentation on the ground, as supporting evidence for their assumption of what the average attendance at Falmer would be, so was very relevant given they are asking for signifcant financing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Lets hope they had the same conversation with more than one bank, then, because otherwise they're already aware of that breach without you having to name names!

They have spoken to at least six banks, so I think I am safe!!! It is likely more than one bank will provide the finance which is very common in this kind of deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here