Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - Field of Dreams pt. 1

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In the first of a series of groundbreaking threads, I hereby announce my intention over the coming months to document the progress of the construction of our stadium through the medium of dance. Whilst conducting my challenging yet startling dance routines, I will also be taking a series of photographs of the Falmer site, which I shall post here. And so it came to pass that on a chilly, blustery November morning, I found myself amongst the sparse wintery trees, the JCB's and the flattened wet mud of an expectant field that will one day host top quality third division football.

Todays dance was entitled "Ragu", in deference to the legendary spaghetti bolognaise sauce, rich in protein, modified maize starch and polyunsaturates. I only wish you could have been there to see it. Anyway, here are the pictures.

Activity so far seems to be focussed on the south-east corner of the site. Perhaps this is the beginnings of the coach park ? I dunno. But I left the site both invigorated by the bracing winds, heartened by the proof that things are finally underway, and mildly aroused at the sight of a four ton Rahilly JCB.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Thanks Easy 10. Keep on dancin'
:dance:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
This is all getting so BOREing.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
sterling work Easy, the attention to detail in getting the Buckingham sign in the foreground and JCBs in the background is simply BRILLIANT!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was told by Derek Chapman yesterday that the work to widen the roads starts in 2 weeks time, so it really is starting to happen

:yahoo::yahoo:

Hey Easy, why don't you start a Myspace page for your project, then it will all be in one place for all to view. You can even post videos of your dancing!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
sterling work Easy, the attention to detail in getting the Buckingham sign in the foreground and JCBs in the background is simply BRILLIANT!

I WAS rather pleased with that one. Thank you Crabbers.

Hey Easy, why don't you start a Myspace page for your project, then it will all be in one place for all to view. You can even post videos of your dancing!

Sadly I am contracted exclusively to NSC. Bozza would have my guts for garters if I started plastering this stuff willy-nilly all over the net.

However, this assignment has been undertaken with a view to creating a framed MONTAGE of the key building events during this momentus building project. Physical prints of the photos will be produced in order to create a pictorial record of the stadium construction, and this will one day adorn my living room.

*excited*

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I didnt do a dance but I did kick a football :)
Could I be the first? ???

n641880531_4749817_7465.jpg

n641880531_4749818_7751.jpg

n641880531_4749811_5974.jpg

n641880531_4749812_6212.jpg

n641880531_4749813_6450.jpg

n641880531_4749814_6695.jpg

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The dream is slowly becoming a reality:clap:

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
With work about to start on roads etc. I would imagine that this activity is to set up the Site Compound, temporary access roads on site and parking.

Under today's construction legislation (Health & Safety and all that), you have to provide Welfare facilities for all workers (canteens, loos, etc), offices for the management team, secure storage areas for plant, machinery, fuel, materials and off road delivery areas.

That's just my guess like!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
With work about to start on roads etc. I would imagine that this activity is to set up the Site Compound, temporary access roads on site and parking.

Under today's construction legislation (Health & Safety and all that), you have to provide Welfare facilities for all workers (canteens, loos, etc), offices for the management team, secure storage areas for plant, machinery, fuel, materials and off road delivery areas.

That's just my guess like!

Don't you also have to hang that banner up also that says 'Considerate Contractors - 26 days without exhorting a passing secretary to get her tits out for the lads'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here