Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Failures according to the Argus' readers

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What is it with some of these stupid cyclists? They really do think they rule the world!

The view from Ditchling Beacon looking out over our beautiful new stadium is absolutely wonderful and unspoilt because you can't see all the dodgy uni buildings and A27.
I know I'm biased and all that, but as far as I'm concerned, she's a bloody stupid cow!!
Wonder if it's the same bloody stupid cow that nearly run me over when I was walking down New England Hill once (on the pavement) and had the cheek to ring her bell, telling me to get out of her way!!!!

Her way, my arse, it's a f***ing pavement!!!

Rant over. Oh, and btw, I don't like cyclists.

She wasn't complaining about the view, she was complaining about access over the railway. It was a man who made no comment about cycling that complained about the view.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Falmer failures
5:31pm Friday 20th May 2011

LOOKING at Brighton and Hove Albion’s new stadium at Falmer from Ditchling Beacon, it is transparently obvious that it is incongruous with the downland landscape that is so close to the heart of many people.

The problem is not on the same scale of Twyford Down, but it is very sad that this stadium has been allowed on this site.

Nicholas Dunn-Coleman, The Droveway, Hove

The Argus - News, Sport, Brighton and Hove Albion and Entertainment for Brighton, Hove and Sussex
I looked from the Beacon towards the stadium and also saw a blot on the landscape,then realised it was Nicholas Dunn-Coleman...I told him,get out of the way you tart your blocking my view of that beautiful stadium.

I feel it's pretty evident, Liz, that if you are going to cycle anywhere, you should have the benefit of good eyesight, otherwise you could become a danger to yourself and other road users. If you did use said eyesight, you will see that there is a f***ing great footbridge, painted (for now) in something akin to British Racing Green, not 50 yards from the bridge you currently use. Some might see it as a blot on what was little more than a country railway station. It has ramps, steps and plenty of width for pedestrians, cyclists and selfish women with 4x4 off-road prams.

It just isn't open yet.

If you haven't noticed it yet, please, for your sake and everyone else's - get off the road, you lunatic menace.

TLO x
The cycle route from Brighton to the stadium doesn't use this bridge. The planned route is beneath the bridge/flyover at the Southern Water entrance and then via the new pedestrian/cycle path that runs along the outside of the Falmer Academy and University site.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
The cycle route from Brighton to the stadium doesn't use this bridge. The planned route is beneath the bridge/flyover at the Southern Water entrance and then via the new pedestrian/cycle path that runs along the outside of the Falmer Academy and University site.

I really hope that the bike path is separated from the footpath, otherwise some cyclists are likely to get kicked off their bikes if they upset pedestrians going to/from the ground. Bikes and football crowds should never mix.

Another thing about the big footbridge at Falmer station is that it is closed when the stadium is closed. Brighton University-bound folk have to use the standard, small footbridge, if they are travelling from the A27 side of the station.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Sadly, the tunnel gate under the railway is usually shut and locked.

And to help, the western end of the cycle path starts with some steps.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
What is it with some of these stupid cyclists? They really do think they rule the world!

The view from Ditchling Beacon looking out over our beautiful new stadium is absolutely wonderful and unspoilt because you can't see all the dodgy uni buildings and A27.
I know I'm biased and all that, but as far as I'm concerned, she's a bloody stupid cow!!
Wonder if it's the same bloody stupid cow that nearly run me over when I was walking down New England Hill once (on the pavement) and had the cheek to ring her bell, telling me to get out of her way!!!!

Her way, my arse, it's a f***ing pavement!!!

Rant over. Oh, and btw, I don't like cyclists.

Absolutely; I stopped there last month when I was down and I really couldn't believe how superb and 'congruous' the stadium was and the empathy with the surrounding landscape was quite fabulous. Harmony of new and old. A balance of the aesthetically beau nouveau and the beau vieux, melded in a heartwarming melody of warmth.

So , Argus wasters, get lost, you absolute fannnnnnnies!

TNBA

TTF

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I feel it's pretty evident, Liz, that if you are going to cycle anywhere, you should have the benefit of good eyesight, otherwise you could become a danger to yourself and other road users. If you did use said eyesight, you will see that there is a f***ing great footbridge, painted (for now) in something akin to British Racing Green, not 50 yards from the bridge you currently use. Some might see it as a blot on what was little more than a country railway station. It has ramps, steps and plenty of width for pedestrians, cyclists and selfish women with 4x4 off-road prams.

It just isn't open yet.

If you haven't noticed it yet, please, for your sake and everyone else's - get off the road, you lunatic menace.

TLO x

I think I've just wet my pants. Absolutely hilarious

Can this brilliant response be put on the Argus' letter's page to ensure Liz reads it!

Is Liz missing something?
A brain, to start with.

How f***ing thick are some people?

Then somebody who actually knows what they are talking about shows up:

The cycle route from Brighton to the stadium doesn't use this bridge. The planned route is beneath the bridge/flyover at the Southern Water entrance and then via the new pedestrian/cycle path that runs along the outside of the Falmer Academy and University site. Another thing about the big footbridge at Falmer station is that it is closed when the stadium is closed. Brighton University-bound folk have to use the standard, small footbridge, if they are travelling from the A27 side of the station.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
People who think it has ruined the landscape, please note that your eyes have a virtual 180 degree viewing angle and your neck has the ability to rotate your neck 90 degrees to the left and right. Taking this into account, please look at something else on the lanscape and f*** off while you are doing it, you perspectiveless morons.

Spot on, I will never drive down the Old Shoreham Road ever again, just in case my mind is sullied by the abomination of a retail park on the site of the Goldstone Ground...if that mindless twat is so bothered about seeing Falmer Stadium from Ditchling Beacon then I politely suggest he never goes there again, just in case!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I really hope that the bike path is separated from the footpath, otherwise some cyclists are likely to get kicked off their bikes if they upset pedestrians going to/from the ground. Bikes and football crowds should never mix.

My word, has there ever been such GUFF about cyclists spoken in one thread?

Cyclists are not a single interest group. The way some of you are grouping us all together is unforgiveable. Do you think these two have the same views on life?

Fat%2Bcyclist.jpg

mark-cavendish-speaks-about-riccardo-ricco.jpg

For the record I have NEVER cycled through a red light but I have driven through one.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Another thing about the big footbridge at Falmer station is that it is closed when the stadium is closed. Brighton University-bound folk have to use the standard, small footbridge, if they are travelling from the A27 side of the station.

I hope the University of Brighton know this. Their website is saying that the bridge is for cyclists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here