Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer design

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Hi,

Just been having a real detailed look at the pictures and general layout and how that compares with other new ish grounds (last 10-15 years) that have been built in the championship and higher ie.....Hull,Reading,Wigan.

Now after looking at them, im still puzzled why 75% of our staduim only has one tier going around it. I know the ground is only to hold 22k at capacity and I believe there is room to extend upwards if needed, but on the plans it just looks very small. I realise we have a tripple level main stand....but just think compared to other staduims its going to look very small.

Especially the side that is opposite to the main stand, its going to be a tripple stand opposite a single level....just thought we'd at least want 50% of the ground more than single level!

Thoughts?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
yeah think the one tier sides will look quite small , does look quite smart though. 3 k seats behind the goal isnt a lot

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I also thought sitting behind the goal is where a lot of people like to sit, its going to be a real scramble to get either a season ticket or a general match day seat in there.

Otherwise you will find yourself in the family stand where standing,saying fcuk or bollocks and supporting and getting behind the team is looked down on.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Will be a smaller version of Elland road if the corners get filled in!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think this point has been raised on several occasions. I agree that the East stand will be far less impressive than the three tier West stand but as has been discussed in previous posts, it allows for future expansion.

If we managed to establish ourselves as a top flight team then I would imagine expansion would become a necessity, and the current design would accommodate any future expansion without having to change the integrity of the exterior.

Again, as has been mentioned many times….let’s try and fill 22,500 seats first aye.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I don't think the club have officially admitted the East stand has room for another tier, although looking at the design it seems a reasonable conclusion. All they have said is it can be expanded. Exactly where and by how much they haven't let on. They might just have been talking about filling in the corners.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Otherwise you will find yourself in the family stand where standing,saying fcuk or bollocks and supporting and getting behind the team is looked down on.

What a load of absolute f***ing bollocks.

Many's the game at Withdean, where the family stand is the ONLY one making an effort to support the team. It's true that standing up in front of little kids, so they can't see, or teaching them to say C*NT, isn't encouraged, but unless you are a complete knob, you wouldn't do either anyway...

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I don't think the club have officially admitted the East stand has room for another tier, although looking at the design it seems a reasonable conclusion. All they have said is it can be expanded. Exactly where and by how much they haven't let on. They might just have been talking about filling in the corners.

I think there may be a picture of a 2 tier East Stand in the Leyton Orient programme, there is certainly one here though clearly that is NOT the design that we have permission for.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
It's also worth noting that main TV cameras will be in the big west stand - so the impression will be of a fairly small stadium seating 10,000 on three sides.
Pity really.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
0,,10433~3890221,00.jpg

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It's also worth noting that main TV cameras will be in the big west stand - so the impression will be of a fairly small stadium seating 10,000 on three sides.
Pity really.

I'm sure that there will be cameras at the ends too for live matches - bound to get glimpses of the West Stand from those.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Many's the game at Withdean, where the family stand is the ONLY one making an effort to support the team. It's true that standing up in front of little kids, so they can't see, or teaching them to say C*NT, isn't encouraged, but unless you are a complete knob, you wouldn't do either anyway...

What he said. How bloody dare he diss the family stand for their support. Darn sight better than you whingers in the south stand

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
That picture always makes me laugh. Simply for the Brighton player closest the camera, standing, facing completely the wrong way, as if nothing to do with the match. Easy to please me.

Facing completely the wrong way as if nothing to do with the match? Where do they get their crazy ideas from?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
That picture always makes me laugh. Simply for the Brighton player closest the camera, standing, facing completely the wrong way, as if nothing to do with the match. Easy to please me.

That would be Seb Carole...

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

It's bollocks is it mate???

No I will tell you what bollocks is, the support and attitude of albion fans at withdean, if you sing, make comments or even stand and support the team,....its like your interferring with their enjoyment...suddenly fans dont have legs, voices or interest other than just sitting like a fcuking dummy for 90 mins.

So please explain on so so many occasions at withdean...there are so many people shouting sit down without kids, not getting involved in any shape or form and it seems they are going for the sake of going not actually supporting the team or inputting anything into it at all!!

As for falmer.....we need more behind the goal seats....and a double tier but got forbid talking about what the thread is really about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here