Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer appreciation thread.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Hi all. I got a small kicking from the NSC crew the other day for posting a thread asking if Falmer was likely to be ready on time. The word from people that know about these things (I don't) is it will be so that'll do nicely for me.

Anyway, I'm not adding anything that's not already been said on here many times before but I just wanted to chuck in my tuppence worth to "big up" Falmer.

What a ground it's going to be. A stack of new grounds have gone up in recent years but NONE of them look like ours. Most of the new stadia come from the "Mecano" school of link, lock and little more. Just look at Falmer, it's gleaming sweeping arches, the gentle curve of the rear of the stands, the slope of the goal ends matching so beautifully with the verdant, rolling hills of the downs.

Oooh, I think I've gone and ruptured something.

:falmer:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I'm told it won't be the biggest (obviously), but it will the best in the country as regards the match day experience.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The build quality is second only to Wembley.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
So many years at crappy Withdean. No atmos. crap. The first time I took my youngest, he spent the whole game watching under an umbrella, wearing about five layers. I remeber he looked at me as if to say "dad - what the hell are you doing"? Falmer will be a million times better. Nuf said.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
you can actually see why this is costing £93 odd million.If anything i think it is good value now!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Talking about new mecano stadia.....

b2net Stadium

:wozza:

I think people are unfair on Chesterfield. How many clubs can afford to splash £93million on a stadium? For what they need, realistically, that looks ok. We have a bigger budget than most, so we can build something special. And special it truly is.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Hi all. I got a small kicking from the NSC crew the other day for posting a thread asking if Falmer was likely to be ready on time. The word from people that know about these things (I don't) is it will be so that'll do nicely for me.

It's a dog eat dog world on here fella, if the animals smell fear they attack- it's instinct.

Congrats on your new found optimism. :thumbsup: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here