Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

falmer answer by Paul

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So according to the Insider Falmer will definately NOT be sit anywhere you like as it contravenes our safety policy.

Again, this is hassle!!! What happens if a bunch of mates on the spur of the moment decide to go....which happened many times at teh Goldstone when our cricket was called off as an example.....so they all arrange to see eachother in the ground .....BUT if they go in at different times, they could all end up sitting all over the place!

At the moment, its fair enough in Withdean as there are few seats, but at the holy grail there will be 25000 seats and at the best estimate 15,000 ( but only for top games) therefore why not make behind one goal UNRESERVED seating so people know that if they get there late they can still sit with their mates?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If theres 15,000 maximum cant you go and find some of the empty seats (like most people do now) Don't understand the issue to be honest.

Oh and it wont be pay on the gate, so you would presume people would arrange to buy tickets together?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
because that contravenes our safety policy

doesnt it Lord Bracknell...technically you are supposed to sit in the seat you have bought your ticket for!!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If theres 15,000 maximum cant you go and find some of the empty seats (like most people do now) Don't understand the issue to be honest.

Oh and it wont be pay on the gate, so you would presume people would arrange to buy tickets together?

Obviously. But then you couldn't have a good MOAN UP about it.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
So according to the Insider Falmer will definately NOT be sit anywhere you like as it contravenes our safety policy.

Again, this is hassle!!! What happens if a bunch of mates on the spur of the moment decide to go....which happened many times at teh Goldstone when our cricket was called off as an example.....so they all arrange to see eachother in the ground .....BUT if they go in at different times, they could all end up sitting all over the place!

At the moment, its fair enough in Withdean as there are few seats, but at the holy grail there will be 25000 seats and at the best estimate 15,000 ( but only for top games) therefore why not make behind one goal UNRESERVED seating so people know that if they get there late they can still sit with their mates?

I agree I prefer sit where you like. But as I will go to every home game I would want my seat that I had already for as a season ticket holder. Now if I turn up at 2.55pm and my seat is then taken what happens?

This is the problem of all seaters vs terrace I am afraid.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Yes it will be pay on the gate, but pay at the station /box outside the ground etc etc......

so you will be able to...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

doesnt it Lord Bracknell...technically you are supposed to sit in the seat you have bought your ticket for!!!

It contravenes our safety policy now, there is NO difference at all between the seating arrangements now and what there will be at Falmer.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It contravenes our safety policy now, there is NO difference at all between the seating arrangements now and what there will be at Falmer.

BINGO...give hat man a coconut.

that is my point....give an area over to unreserved and then that alleviates the issue.

I agree I prefer sit where you like. But as I will go to every home game I would want my seat that I had already for as a season ticket holder. Now if I turn up at 2.55pm and my seat is then taken what happens?

This is the problem of all seaters vs terrace I am afraid.

Er no it isn't, you can have seating or standing areas where capacity is monitored by computers on turnstiles that are pay on day sit/stand wherever you like.
Once the capacity is reached the turnstiles are closed.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As said above you can meet up before you go in the ground or even use a mobile telephone?

You can then meet at the bar inside the ground.

It all sounds so easy!

...and then once you have met in the bar you find that some of you have tickets for seats away from someone else........this is what happens at way games and people end up sitting where they want with their mates and you get the bobble hat brigade moaning that someone is in their seat!!!!!

I am suggesting an area set aside where people can go and sit with their mates unreserved....what is so difficult about that?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As said above you can meet up before you go in the ground or even use a mobile telephone?

You can then meet at the bar inside the ground.

It all sounds so easy!

Which pub though? Do they do food? Will they have forks?

So much to worry about eh? Thank god this group of mates have 3 years to plan it

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why are people intent on living in the past

If I got to the Goldstone by 1.30 I could always park in Fonthill Road or Ranelagh Villas (had to look up the road names as I hadn't a clue) which was a five minutes stroll to the ground, I must ask the club if I can park this close at Falmer

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You couldn't just sit anywhere at the Goldstone if you had a ticket though could you? I'm guessing you are talking about STANDING with your mates, which you can't do in any new stadiums can you? Do you know of any new stadiums that practice what you are suggesting?

As said before if the ground is not full you'll all be able to move anyway

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
...and then once you have met in the bar you find that some of you have tickets for seats away from someone else........this is what happens at way games and people end up sitting where they want with their mates and you get the bobble hat brigade moaning that someone is in their seat!!!!!

I am suggesting an area set aside where people can go and sit with their mates unreserved....what is so difficult about that?

Because if you read insiders reply then the capacity has to be cut by 15%. Nobody would build a new stadium then instantly make 15% of the seats unusable because people wanted unreserved seating!!!

I will have a season ticket, as will most of my mates, so I would expect to turn up at 2.55 and be able to sit in my seat. Away games I am happy to turn up and sit anywhere. The same with England games, away from home its always sit where you want.......

I hate seats compared to terracing but there is not a lot the Albion can do about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here