Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer announcement

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
didn't someone say next week? or wrong end of the stick again?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
seems a bit pointless moving now anyway, what with all those nice new seats at Withdean :ohmy:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Re: Re: Falmer announcement

Lord Bracknell said:
"The week beginning 24 October"

and as I have posted before I have always had a feeling it will be on Tuesday 25th.

Anyway time to leave for you know where.

I rather fancy a form upset tonight. Confident they will not slip 5 past us. Whether we can slip past the Met and get home in reasonable time is another matter:glare:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
bew4194 said:
Great news for the Athletics club as the club bought the seats outright.:)

so it'll revert to being a 2 sided stadium when we leave and the south stand seats disappear for good? Which local football club is going to get to play there after we move???? be a nice local ground with a fantastic pitch for non league football

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
bew4194 said:
Great news for the Athletics club as the club bought the seats outright.:)

The seats will not stay when we leave. Only the new pavilion and changing facilities will remain. For athletics everybody wants to sit along the straight anyway, so they wouldn't be used.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Whenever it is announced, I'm not taking any notice of Hiney if he is the first to post on NSC about it!

RIP Haynes, my ARS. :angry: :angry: :angry:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Re: Re: Re: Falmer announcement

Gaffer said:
and as I have posted before I have always had a feeling it will be on Tuesday 25th.

Anyway time to leave for you know where.

I rather fancy a form upset tonight. Confident they will not slip 5 past us. Whether we can slip past the Met and get home in reasonable time is another matter:glare:

Got it right. Met were pussies. Hope my forecast for Yes to Falmer on Tuesday is as good.
My throat hurts!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
When we move the club will sell the temporary seats. We were renting previously but used some of the virgo money to buy them and wipe out a big overhead. Makes sense.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Re: Re: Falmer announcement

Lord Bracknell said:
"The week beginning 24 October"

Are you basing that on the fact that they will not be able to send the decision out on a Sunday to arrive on the 31st? Or do you know something else?

Re: Re: Re: Falmer announcement

Gaffer said:
When I suggested this to Mr Cutress at Selhurst last night, he said that "Tuesday" was the third version of the rumour he'd heard in the last few days.

I'm sticking with "Next week".

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Tuesday 25 October 2005

9.30 to 10ish am

The club - and other interested parties - will be given an outline of the decision probably 24 to 96 hours in advance (ie Friday or next Monday).
The decision will be posted or next day couriered the day before the formal announcement which will be made by press statement mid morning to coincide with delivery

(at least that is what my well-informed source has said!)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here