Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FALMER announcement

BlueWhite

Dec 28, 2003
I don't know if it's worth anything, but my daughter asked David Lepper, who was visiting Varndean College yesterday, whether he knew anything about the decision date; he said it was his belief that the decision had been made and they were waiting for the conferences to finish before they made an announcment. I don't see what the party conferences have to do with it, but that's what the man said.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
You said tuesday on your first post....

And it was a Tuesday so he was absolutely right (July 2004)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Oceanic said:
So they dont make the final dicision then? you'll be wearing the brown sause mate.....

shut it, slag!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
BlueWhite said:
I don't know if it's worth anything, but my daughter asked David Lepper, who was visiting Varndean College yesterday, whether he knew anything about the decision date; he said it was his belief that the decision had been made and they were waiting for the conferences to finish before they made an announcment. I don't see what the party conferences have to do with it, but that's what the man said.

someone asked a falmer question!

I couldnt make it..good for her.

whats her name btw?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
portslade seagull said:
2-jags will wait till the last possible minute b4
giving the verdict just to keep us on tenderhooks

:clap: Of course he will, we're Brighton fans. Have you known anything with big implications NOT to go to the final minute/seconds or"injury time" before being settled - inc all important games? In 1996, we had until 11.00 one morning before we were wound up. Archer relented at 10.55 and we stayed another season at the Goldstone...... More recently, Virgo v Swindon....Hereford in '97......Ipswich last season, Ipswich 1991 for that matter too......Blackpool game in 1993 was billed as our last (we were bankrupt in the high court the following Tue and were saved late pm on the Monday) etc etc etc Year after year after year. Someone should study our life expectancy versus other clubs, only Man City can possibly come close to us in terms of "excitement"!

So relax, we'll get a decision on 31st October at 17.29 just as the civil servants go home......and then it'll just be another fudge.....!!

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Lord Bracknell said:

The Planning Division of his Department (the civil servants whose job is to advise him) have not yet finished considering the issues.

You'll have to trust me on that.

LB are you saying it is FACT that the decision is not yet made or even known within ODPM?

I had hoped a recommendation was at least decided within ODPM in advance of JP making a final decision and informing interested parties. From what you say it sounds it could still go either way. In the next few days I have to contact several ODPM staff who have access to privileged information. I doubt they will know anything specific or if they would let me know but worth a go.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So the ODPM still haven't finished discussing the issues, FFS, what is there to discuss ? What takes so bloody long. I simply dont understand what there was in evidence presented that could need this much debate.

Why does it take so long to get anything done in this country of ours. Frustrating isnt the word.

I can't say that I am convinced we'll get positive news, the longer it drags on, the more worried I get.

y2dave said:
LB are you saying it is FACT that the decision is not yet made or even known within ODPM?
All I am saying is that discussions are still continuing within the ODPM. Who's involved and what they are about, I don't know.

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Curious Orange said:
Ah!! Patience younglings.

Do not for the answer search. In time, find you it will.

Lost a planning application Master Prescott has. How embarrassing...

yoda.h1.jpg

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Bloody hell ... I take an evening off NSC and come back to find the thread has gone ballistic (maybe we should try bouicing a few more 2 year old threads!)
:lolol: :lolol:

As for Turkey's comments .... I always said we shouldn't allow Turkey into the EU (let alone NSC!)

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

seriously the five dates given by my guy well above (page 5 of this thread I think) appear to be the likely ones for the announcement - though reckon MP, DK and Co will be given the unofficial nod a couple of days earlier

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
i was informed last night by a known radio presenter that they have been told to expect an announcement on friday. could easily be a load of crap though so i will not be holding my breath

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I have been told by nobody at all that the announcement will be yesterday :eek:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I've just spent the best part of 2 hours reading the original report that was rejected by Collyer... it's just weird... it seems to attempt to appease pro-Falmer supporters whilst stabbing them straight through the heart as well... and it just smacks of 'please like me' even though i'm saying NO! :wave:

I'm keeping the faith...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here