Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer access - some questions

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
not moans, but questions. Some of them have probably come up before but I've not seen answers.

1) It's a play-off seme (for example, ala Swindon 2004). We're at home, the crowd is a sellout and it goes to extra time and penalties. Will the stadium site be clear and allow supporters time to get back to Brighton station for the last London bound train at 11.37?

2) Are the club still proposing to use oyster card technology for tickets?

3) if so, how are 'travel vouchers' going to work if everyone has a plastic card in their wallet? There won't be anything to 'tear off'.

4) It's been said before that there won't be pay on the gate - you'll have to buy your ticket using your 'Oyster' card at the train station or park and ride site. Will tickets be available for purchase at Falmer Station? What if you're a falmer resident in walking distance to the ground, are you going to be turned away?

5) There are potentially thousands and thousands of people across Sussex who are going to need a card to purchase tickets for Falmer. How will it be ensured that everyone has access to a card?

6) The club have said season ticket holders will be available to loyal supporters from this September (presumably meaning gold members). Presumably they will have a 9 month priority window to buy their seat? Seems a bit unreasonable to expect payment for a Withdean season ticket and a Falmer season ticket within the space of a few months.

7) I vaguely recall reading the club needed an additional park and ride site for the stadium. Presumably they found it, but where is it going to be?

I guess for most of the answers it'll be "wait and see", but I know there's a few "informed" people on here....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Falmer won't be the only football stadium in the country, so I am sure there will be contingencies for eventualities such as the play off semi.

They are going to sue oyster card type things, and everytime a "first time" visitor buys a ticket, they'll get one.

You will be able to "pay" via your mobile phone as you walk up to the ground to the ground, so it really doesn't matter where you are when you decide to pay.

That's what I understand anyway.

D

Deleted User X18H

not moans, but questions. Some of them have probably come up before but I've not seen answers.

1) It's a play-off seme (for example, ala Swindon 2004). We're at home, the crowd is a sellout and it goes to extra time and penalties. Will the stadium site be clear and allow supporters time to get back to Brighton station for the last London bound train at 11.37?

3) if so, how are 'travel vouchers' going to work if everyone has a plastic card in their wallet? There won't be anything to 'tear off'.

4) It's been said before that there won't be pay on the gate - you'll have to buy your ticket using your 'Oyster' card at the train station or park and ride site. Will tickets be available for purchase at Falmer Station? What if you're a falmer resident in walking distance to the ground, are you going to be turned away?

5) There are potentially thousands and thousands of people across Sussex who are going to need a card to purchase tickets for Falmer. How will it be ensured that everyone has access to a card?

6) The club have said season ticket holders will be available to loyal supporters from this September (presumably meaning gold members). Presumably they will have a 9 month priority window to buy their seat? Seems a bit unreasonable to expect payment for a Withdean season ticket and a Falmer season ticket within the space of a few months.

7) I vaguely recall reading the club needed an additional park and ride site for the stadium. Presumably they found it, but where is it going to be?

I guess for most of the answers it'll be "wait and see", but I know there's a few "informed" people on here....

1) If its looking tight perhaps you could ask Bread Van or possibly Wright to let the next one in.......possibly no, sell out crowd, match finishing at 10.30pm, lap of honour etc!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Falmer won't be the only football stadium in the country, so I am sure there will be contingencies for eventualities such as the play off semi.

They are going to sue oyster card type things, and everytime a "first time" visitor buys a ticket, they'll get one.

You will be able to "pay" via your mobile phone as you walk up to the ground to the ground, so it really doesn't matter where you are when you decide to pay.

That's what I understand anyway.

Ah, that was another one, the mobile phone thing. Will be VERY interested to see how that works.

Sounds like every 'new' fan will have to buy their ticket from the club shop. Interesting...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

There'll be a special section for people who worry about such things so far in advance. It will be closed 20 minutes before the end of every game, and stewards will be available to hold your hand to make sure you get home in time for normal bedtime.

In the event of a penalty being awarded during regular play, a special curtain will temporarily drop down so people sitting there don't have to cope with the tension of a spot kick.

A dedicated catering facility will serve cocoa and digestive biscuits, and tartan leg rugs will be distributed in the event of it being "a bit nippy".

Hope that helps.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
There'll be a special section for people who worry about such things so far in advance. It will be closed 20 minutes before the end of every game, and stewards will be available to hold your hand to make sure you get home in time for normal bedtime.

In the event of a penalty being awarded during regular play, a special curtain will temporarily drop down so people sitting there don't have to cope with the tension of a spot kick.

A dedicated catering facility will serve cocoa and digestive biscuits, and tartan leg rugs will be distributed in the event of it being "a bit nippy".

Hope that helps.

:lolol: It was a coffee over keyboard moment (or in my case tea over keyboard)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ah, that was another one, the mobile phone thing. Will be VERY interested to see how that works.

Sounds like every 'new' fan will have to buy their ticket from the club shop. Interesting...

Other clubs use a similar system with the cards (West Ham for 1), it really is not a big deal. The mobiles personally not seen it but doubt its that complicated.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
From what I remember, I'll give it a go...

Don't know. Good start.

As far as I am aware, yes

It's been mooted for ages for Brighton & Hove buses to have 'Oyster Card' access. Whether this is the actual answer, I don't know. If not, showing your card to the bus driver is usually enough, in the same way nearly everyone flashes a card or voucher of some sort to the driver.

You have to buy a ticket in advance. 'In advance' can mean 'on the phone while jumping out at Falmer Station'. The first time you buy your tickets, you're given a paper ticket. After that, you will receive an 'Oyster' card. You update that card with dosh, and/or you buy a 'ticket' using the details on that card.

I suspect all STHs will have their cards sent well in advance, and the club will invite people to apply - again, well in advance. That ought to account for the vast majority of people.

I think they're asking people to try an choose a seat in September. I don't know that they're asking for payment then though. Could be wrong, mind.

Racecourse. Identified right at the start of the process.

All this needs checking, of course.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Thanks - didn't realise the racecourse was 'the' P&R site, for some reason had it in my head that needed another one, stupid me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here