Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fallen out of love with The Albion

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
and another player specific thing...

...When we lose today to a last minute Ward Prowse free kick, needlessly given way by a 'rush of blood to the head', don't any of you dare wait a few hours then write on your socials:-

"A tough defeat to take, but we'll learn from it, onto the next game, UTA" - flexed arm emoji

Just how many f**king times do you honestly think you can write that f**king shite, get away with it?
Only to then go out 72 hours later and do the self same f**king thing again.

They're basically saying:-

'Hey let's patronise the rubes, who's relationship with this team has been longer than I've been alive, with some meaningless drivel while banking this weeks £50,000 before I start looking for another club to join'.

If you insist on telling everyone you're going to learn something..

... THEN BLOODY WELL MAKE SURE YOU DO.

That would be funny if I didn't believe it will probably happen.
Can't wait for Gross to dangle his leg in the 94th minute.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
i actually feel watching the Albion this season is more detrimental to people’s mental health than if football had been banned for the entire Covid period.

boik

It's the hope that's killed me.

I'm a 40+ year Albion fan:-

Watching my team be proper shite comes with membership card.
Watching my team surpass themselves in a cup game is joyous.
Watching my team get it's act together and winning trophies is rare and thrilling.
Watching my team grind out hard fought points, against the odds, is inspiring.

But I never NEVER EVER signed up for:-

Watching my team be the very best I've ever seen and still be absolutely f**kin shitehouse.

Seeing teams take points off the Albion, whilst looking like they've never played the game before, has completely done me in.
It totally diminishes the 'pain and suffering'* needed to get to this point.

I'll be watching today.
I'll be assuming we'll look fantastic.

I know we'll lose 2-1.

The very definition of stupidity.

*No actual pain and suffering was required.

Is there another definition of "shitehouse" that I'm not aware of, because I've loved most of the football we've played. If we'd got lucky with a couple of deflections then I'm sure you'd be happier and yet the football would still have been the same.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I will always love the Albion but I hate this league.
It's too serious, too money obsessed, too pedantic, too hyped.
I've been brought up on lower league fotball- even 15 years ago I didnt even dream of seeing us at this level but now we are here I'd honestly rather go back to Withdean and the likes of Chesterfield away.
It's soulless, even when we could go to games.

Oh well, still bang up for the match.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Is there another definition of "shitehouse" that I'm not aware of, because I've loved most of the football we've played. If we'd got lucky with a couple of deflections then I'm sure you'd be happier and yet the football would still have been the same.

not to my knowledge, but you have to agree that in the most important objective of getting the ball into the opponent’s net we are 100% Shitehouse

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Not a lot to love about the game these days.

Completely natural to perhaps feel this way currently.

However, like Malaria, it’s in your blood.

You cannot escape it. Even if you’re ‘drinking lots of tonic water’ and feeling fine at the mo!

Be ready for the fever to strike with a vengeance post Covid and relegation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s been a totally false season and a half.......football has been a distraction during lockdown but hasn’t felt anything like normal, and consequently I haven’t got half as uptight as I would have done if we were getting results like we have under ‘normal’ circumstances

I think a lot will come flooding back once we’re back in full grounds - at least I hope so.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
This is a really weird feeling. I have totally fallen out of love with the club I have followed since I was 7. I have been there through thick and thin: cup final, 2 play off finals, Gillingham, the promotion game, our first win in the Prem and 2 wins vs Utd, but I’m done.

I am In the Potter out camp (which doesn’t make me a bad or intellectually challenged person) but crikey it runs deeper than that! Clearly Covid is a factor, football without fans is kind of pointless. I also have to do my best to protect my mental health and this season has run against that. I find our style of play just that purely a style with virtually no substance. I want leadership that reeks of passion from our manager and i find listening to him simply depressing, where is the inspiration?

Will I call back in love with Brighton? I won’t fall in love with another team but I’m considering a dalliance with non league footy next season.

Anyone else experiencing similar feelings, or is it just me?
good post. An honest account how you feel internally also part of the equation. (I'm pretty similar). Your probably get shot down in flames on here, as there are some total twits on here. You've got respect from me pal.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I know how you feel.

Just not enjoying it.....

Mostly COVID related and am almost becoming non-plussed......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Each to their own.

I don't have the same feelings as the OP. I think we've played some of the best football in the 45 seasons that I've watched the Albion. Yes the point is to get the ball in the net, we all know that, but parking the bus and snatching a 1-0 win or just a draw is soul destroying, especially when you've travelled the length of the country to witness it!

Covid is a big factor but you just have to adapt. We'll be back at the Amex and a lot of the feelings now will be forgotten.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
There is a real sadness for me here because I don't like what the end game is.
Bloom is a legend obviously but he has very quickly positioned us into a club likely to sustain Premier League football, even if go down this year, but where then?
I genuinely have no interest in us playing Champions League- i just find all that a total circus (the SA World Cup was my last as an England supporter, I can't stand football geared more to the sponsors and viewers than supporters).
And that is way, way off.
So we really are looking up at the likes of Saints as where we are aiming to be over the next few years and that is ****ing depressing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

They are "the best I've ever seen" but still 4th from bottom and a laughing stock in the division.

That's almost one dictionary definition of the word shitehouse.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They are "the best I've ever seen" but still 4th from bottom and a laughing stock in the division.

That's almost one dictionary definition of the word shitehouse.

Yes if you are grumpy and entitled. There's a billion football fans out there who would gladly have their team playing in the best league in the world even if it meant fighting against relegation.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I don't think we'll go down but I have put money on it. I also partly want to go down and have a season ,at least, without VAR. That will bring the love back for you I'm sure.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
This is a really weird feeling. I have totally fallen out of love with the club I have followed since I was 7. I have been there through thick and thin: cup final, 2 play off finals, Gillingham, the promotion game, our first win in the Prem and 2 wins vs Utd, but I’m done.

I am In the Potter out camp (which doesn’t make me a bad or intellectually challenged person) but crikey it runs deeper than that! Clearly Covid is a factor, football without fans is kind of pointless. I also have to do my best to protect my mental health and this season has run against that. I find our style of play just that purely a style with virtually no substance. I want leadership that reeks of passion from our manager and i find listening to him simply depressing, where is the inspiration?

Will I call back in love with Brighton? I won’t fall in love with another team but I’m considering a dalliance with non league footy next season.

Anyone else experiencing similar feelings, or is it just me?

You can’t have fallen out of love with the club that much if you felt the need to post on the clubs fans forum.:lolol::lolol:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The OP must be so happy with the passion shown by Potter at halftime by deciding to play Gross and Zeqiri as wingbacks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here