Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falkirk 'tried to sign Dean Hammond'..

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Remember Dean Saunders? Left Us And Ended Up Playing For Liverpool. If We're Not Careful, Nathan Elder Could End Up Slipping Out Of Our Hands For Nothing. And The Next Time We'll Be Watching Him Will Be in The Champion's League On ITV.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There is a SMALL difference between the two though isn't there? [in that Saunders was actually a very good footballer!].

Saunders left us for £60k which was criminal. If somebody offered that for Nathan, bless him, I would be gobsmacked.

larus

Remember Dean Saunders? Left Us And Ended Up Playing For Liverpool. If We're Not Careful, Nathan Elder Could End Up Slipping Out Of Our Hands For Nothing. And The Next Time We'll Be Watching Him Will Be in The Champion's League On ITV.

Oy my God. Is this Ernest under a different name?

He must be in line for an international call-up as well. Build the England team around him IMO.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Is Andy Naylor Dean Hammond's agent? He never misses a chance to bang on about the contract negotiations. I too wish the club would get on and get this sorted, but Naylor never misses a chance to have a snipe.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Caps lock or shift button fetish? ???

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Yes, WTF is that all about? It's not like THIS, LIKE HE IS JUST TRYING TO EXAGERATE EVERYTHING HE TYPES, it's more This, Really Odd, I Wonder What Pscyhologists Would Say About It All?

I once asked Barry lloyd about that deal.
Oxford Utd, then being managed by Mark Lawrenson (!), had put in an enquiry/exploratory bid of 60k for Dean Saunders which both clubs knew was not going to been entertained but wouldact as a start to the bidding process for Saunders.
Unfortunatley this was at a time when the club was close to going out of business and effectivelky beinig run by Barclays Bank.
They had a mortage on the Giodstone which we couldn't service so the when the man from barclays asked Lloyd if he had any interest for our players from other clubs, he had to mention the enquiry from Oxford for Saunders. The bank manager told him there and then to do the deal.

Is Andy Naylor Dean Hammond's agent? He never misses a chance to bang on about the contract negotiations. I too wish the club would get on and get this sorted, but Naylor never misses a chance to have a snipe.

Where's the snipe from Naylor. All I read is a quote from Thomson that he THINKS (doesn't know) that Falkirk tried to buy him.

Can't be shocked that a reporter froma Brighton newspaper relays a quote froma new signing about a Brighton player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here