Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fake Irish tosser Lawrenson's best moment of Euro 2004

Icy Gull said:
Agreed but he's erased that from his memory . he came from Preston and ended up at Liverpool and he loves them both :angry:

He did this ITV football special devoted to his time at the Albion, with Mullery and Case, I didn't think it was all that long ago, but maybe it was before your time.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I have to say, the ITV team came out tops by some way thanks to tossers like Lawrenson, the bore that is Schmeichel and the idiotic ramblings of Ian Wright.

Give me Des, Venables and Sir Bobby anyday.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Is the the title of this thread meant to be insinuating that Lawro would have been happy to see England lose on account of his Irish connection?

If so, i can assure you that his baffling lack of affection towards the Albion usually streches to his international career aswell. I think i have only ever heard him refer to Ireland as 'us' or words to that effect once in the whole time i've watched him as a tv pundit. I fell off my chair in shock.

But i get the impression that he'd be very open about this were you to ask him. Preston was his first and home town(?) club, so he loves them. To be fair i've never heard him get too keen about Liverpool, evven though he had great success there. And i bet he'd also readily admit that he was too hasty in declaring for the Republic, when in all honesty if he'd waited a couple of years he could have made the England shirt his own. We asked first, simple as that, i guess...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here