Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fake Fans Bore Off. This is like a new beginning...

• Thread starter Deleted member 18477
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 18477

Its time for all the fake fans down south to start supporting the local team proper! sick of hearing about people who support Brighton AND man u, liverpool, chelsea, arsenal, spurs etc.

No idea how a southerner can support man u or liverpool anyway.

New stadium, New crest, New era. This is your chance to drop that team you support from your arm chair, get yourself a season ticket at the AMEX, give the club some money in doing so and get behind the Albion from now on!

Come on the Seagulls!

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
It's a shame because a lot of those people don't realise how much potential this club has.

D

Deleted member 18477

if everyone got behind brighton we'd be a huge success. our 'catchment area' for fans is a lot bigger than most due to the lack of other big teams.

Oct 6, 2010
Would just like to put on record that I am a season ticket holder and support no other team than Albion.
But I do not agree with this sentiment. We are a league one club and most locals support Brighton and A.N. Other prem team.
I think when we are a prem club ourselves, we can make such lines for all to cross (or not)
Until then, more "second team" fans the better if you ask me.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Would just like to put on record that I am a season ticket holder and support no other team than Albion.
But I do not agree with this sentiment. We are a league one club and most locals support Brighton and A.N. Other prem team.
I think when we are a prem club ourselves, we can make such lines for all to cross (or not)
Until then, more "second team" fans the better if you ask me.

Sorry but i don't see them as proper fans.It doesn't matter what league we are in i would never have a second team. Why is there a need to support a premiership team?

D

Deleted member 18477

agreed that having a second team fan is better than none BUT having them fans who currently support both to drop their arm chair prem team (who a lot have never seen live) would hopefully get them down falmer and make it a sell out more often than not which can only be good for us! This all depends on what you consider to be a fan as well. For me its more your local team and supporting where you come from. in our case (good old) sussex (by the sea). but everyones got there own views. Our problem is that we've missed a massive generation of fans in the last decade from having a shit stadium and being in the lower leagues. So nows the time to promote the club and make sure we get the current younger generation on board to avoid the same thing happening again.

Last edited by a moderator:

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
I had some of these newbie fans stood behind me at Bristol last week, they didn't stop moaning the whole of the first half, had a running commentry, with wrong names, so decided to go sit in the wind and the rain at the other end of the stand in second half, please go back and support Man U.

Oct 6, 2010
I had some of these newbie fans stood behind me at Bristol last week, they didn't stop moaning the whole of the first half, had a running commentry, with wrong names, so decided to go sit in the wind and the rain at the other end of the stand in second half, please go back and support Man U.

Yeah lets just stick with the regular 8,000 fans we got eh?? Who wants to fill the Amex anyway?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think the important thing is to win people over to the Albion who may not normally bother to go and watch football matches or who have moved to the area from elsewhere and don't have the time or inclination to travel miles to a game. There was a bloke on here a few weeks ago who is a Millwall supporter but lives in the Brighton area and takes his young son to see our games. There is little doubt that the lad loved going to watch the Albion, he mentioned that the Gully Gang were a big draw, even he had started to enjoy the experience despite it being Withdean. What we need to do is try and get the dad to the stage where he is just as happy watching our games as going up to see Millwall, that might be a long way off but there is a fair chance he will continue watching the Albion at least until the son can go on his own.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I could name you some established faces who do this. It's not just newbies.

D

Deleted member 18477

the stadium and success (touch wood) of this season will hopefully bring back fans that have lost interest and have adopted there 'prem' teams during the last 10-15 years. true fans would never have supported another team but we can make the fake fans true fans again! and if we do BHAFC will only be heading in one direction! the main priority is to fill the stadium and its obviously clear Bloom recognised that in giving all current season ticket holders 3 more applications. Am a little annoyed that some fans who dont have season tickets this year can get one before me (a current season ticket holder) but thats life and id def rather a full stadium with a good atmosphere than 10,000 empty seats.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Sorry but i don't see them as proper fans.It doesn't matter what league we are in i would never have a second team. Why is there a need to support a premiership team?

agree with this, its funny when someone asks who you support and you say "brighton", then they go and say "but what premership team?"

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
I AM BRIGHTON TILL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ barcelona ( because they win things ) :]

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i can see alot of other supporters coming to falmer to "have a look" and a day out when chelsea/gooners/spurs are away up north.

...then they will convert :)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Its time for all the fake fans down south to start supporting the local team proper! sick of hearing about people who support Brighton AND man u, liverpool, chelsea, arsenal, spurs etc.

No idea how a southerner can support man u or liverpool anyway.

New stadium, New crest, New era. This is your chance to drop that team you support from your arm chair, get yourself a season ticket at the AMEX, give the club some money in doing so and get behind the Albion from now on!

Come on the Seagulls!
Good rant and I can see where you're coming from. But if Crawley get into the league will you be calling on people from north Sussex to support their local team as opposed to the big boys on the coast? (Especially if we get into the Prem).

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Only one team for me. The good thing about the Premiership for me is that I can enjoy the games without ever really giving a shit who wins but that will all change the day we finally get there.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
People have often asked me as a Brighton fan over the years "yeah, but who else do you support"? i don't get it at all. I have one team i support, have done and will do through thick and thin and that team is Brighton & Albion - and i'm very proud of it too.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
All the people i know are Albion through and through.Its only on here you seem to get the cling-ons

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here