Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Faithless are splitting up

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
:(

Not surprised and I've written as such in my blog (yes, I know - shameless plug). At their peak they were absolutely amazing.

[yt]ZCvVatG16NE[/yt]

I always thought that Dido was pretty damn good with them too. They did a really good version of 'Dub Be Good To Me' as well.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Any chance of a link to your blog Buzzer? if you are going to shamelessly plug something do it properly :)

Shame about Faithless glad I got to see them at Glastonbury last year, an amazingly uplifting warm-up for Stevie Wonder. Terrific live act.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
it was said when they played future music festival in perth two weeks ago this was their final tour , top , top band in their day with a some lovely tunes left as a legacy....:(

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
ha! The link is in my signature but happy to provide a bigger link. You'll also find a pretty decent techno tune that samples Derek and Clive at the bottom of today's entry.

Piece of trivia - the only other sample of a Derek and Clive sketch on a techno tune I know is on A Guy Called Gerald's Voodoo Ray. There's a bit that goes "Errrr....!" and it's a sample from the 'Bo Duddley' sketch. Now - if that doesn't make me look like a complete anorak, I don't know what does.

http://de-minimis-music.blogspot.com/

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I thought they said they planed to split months ago. Look on the bright side (you'll hate this) the Darkness have reformed and are recording a new album :laugh:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Is this immediate or are they still playing Glasto?

I always liked this, probably not their best tune but was played alot when I first started clubbing

[yt]wRQvs65XTwg[/yt]

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
ha! The link is in my signature but happy to provide a bigger link. You'll also find a pretty decent techno tune that samples Derek and Clive at the bottom of today's entry.

Piece of trivia - the only other sample of a Derek and Clive sketch on a techno tune I know is on A Guy Called Gerald's Voodoo Ray. There's a bit that goes "Errrr....!" and it's a sample from the 'Bo Duddley' sketch. Now - if that doesn't make me look like a complete anorak, I don't know what does.

http://de-minimis-music.blogspot.com/

Ta. I have sigs disabled so couldn't see it.:facepalm:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
One of the best live bands I have ever seen, Never failed to get every single person in a venue dancing as if heir lives depended on it. Will be missed although their most recent album was fairly average to say the least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here