Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fairwell and my last rant fellow supporters!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
berkshire seagull said:
Look pal if you wanna get all serious over internet chat thats your prob,these are not windups its facts about the running of the club thats all.

What facts??

You've not mentioned one single solid fact in any of your posts that I can see.

It's obvious you don't like DK and yet you don't give valid reason as to what he is doing that is so wrong. Yes he's asking us for money, and I think he's asked pretty much everyone that's ever had any link to Brighton ever to help, because he's desperate to see the club survive. As we all are!

I've asked this before but what does Dick Knight stand to gain from Brighton and Hove Albion? It isn't as if he's taking money out of the club as we all know full well where it's all going, and it is plain to see that our earning capacity is strictly limited at present. And it isn't as if his position as chairman buys him all sorts of kudos and perks as in fact he has to take this sort of abuse from people like you Berks.

You also seem to think that Knight's being there is somehow preventing investment in the club and yet you moan about him asking the fans to help out with money. You've not once mentioned anything of a serious investor other than that we are to trust you that they are out there willing to pay. Well I don't believe you.

Not every club has their own Abramovich and the Albion are hardly the most exciting prospect to take on at the moment due to the uncertainty of our future. No amount of money can change the Falmer situation, we just have to go through all the right channels and be patient. And in the meantime who is going to invest in us when there is no likelihood of a financial return any time in the near future, possibly ever?

I think you have to take time out to look at the situation from an outside perspective.

What exactly are you accusing DK of and what do you propose is the answer? Because there actually aren't scores of investors queuing up to plough money into the club and buy us a new team so were Knight to go we'd quite simply be worse off than we are now.

Besides, with investment comes desire for power. What if another Bill Archer came along with a few empty promises about money to spend then took control only to scrap the Falmer plan and sell all the players?

DK doesn't have bottomless pockets, he is a businessman and an Albion fan trying everything he can to turn his beloved club from a failing business and small-time league outfit, to an effective unit both on field and off. And to date nothing has persuaded me that he is out for anything else.

You also claim that us fans pro Knight are in a minority and yet every time an anti-Knight sentiment rears up the posts arguing against the case outnumber the DK doubters 10 to 1.

I wish we culd all pull in the same direction and get behind the whole board who can only have Brighton's best interests at heart. It stands to reason.

That is all.

P.S. Sorry to hear you are leaving Berks. Take it easy

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Bluejuice said:
What facts??

You've not mentioned one single solid fact in any of your posts that I can see.

It's obvious you don't like DK and yet you don't give valid reason as to what he is doing that is so wrong. Yes he's asking us for money, and I think he's asked pretty much everyone that's ever had any link to Brighton ever to help, because he's desperate to see the club survive. As we all are!

I've asked this before but what does Dick Knight stand to gain from Brighton and Hove Albion? It isn't as if he's taking money out of the club as we all know full well where it's all going, and it is plain to see that our earning capacity is strictly limited at present. And it isn't as if his position as chairman buys him all sorts of kudos and perks as in fact he has to take this sort of abuse from people like you Berks.

You're wasting your time mate.

You also seem to think that Knight's being there is somehow preventing investment in the club and yet you moan about him asking the fans to help out with money. You've not once mentioned anything of a serious investor other than that we are to trust you that they are out there willing to pay. Well I don't believe you.

Not every club has their own Abramovich and the Albion are hardly the most exciting prospect to take on at the moment due to the uncertainty of our future. No amount of money can change the Falmer situation, we just have to go through all the right channels and be patient. And in the meantime who is going to invest in us when there is no likelihood of a financial return any time in the near future, possibly ever?

I think you have to take time out to look at the situation from an outside perspective.

What exactly are you accusing DK of and what do you propose is the answer? Because there actually aren't scores of investors queuing up to plough money into the club and buy us a new team so were Knight to go we'd quite simply be worse off than we are now.

Besides, with investment comes desire for power. What if another Bill Archer came along with a few empty promises about money to spend then took control only to scrap the Falmer plan and sell all the players?

DK doesn't have bottomless pockets, he is a businessman and an Albion fan trying everything he can to turn his beloved club from a failing business and small-time league outfit, to an effective unit both on field and off. And to date nothing has persuaded me that he is out for anything else.

You also claim that us fans pro Knight are in a minority and yet every time an anti-Knight sentiment rears up the posts arguing against the case outnumber the DK doubters 10 to 1.

I wish we culd all pull in the same direction and get behind the whole board who can only have Brighton's best interests at heart. It stands to reason.

That is all.

P.S. Sorry to hear you are leaving Berks. Take it easy

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I was going to say drop it, walk away and finish your pint

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yorkie said:
Berkshire

What will we do without your opions :lolol:

Beat me to it Yorkie.

Come back Berkshire, we need your opions! :)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I love it, berks tells us it's his last post then proceeds to subsequently post a further FIVE times.

Wolf, cry wolf. You'll be back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here