Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fair play 'uddersfield

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Woodchip said:
Any news on the other 88 league teams websites?
I can't see any more at the moment but I notice that Palace are advertising for a catering manager.
Anyone experienced with poisons? ;)
:lolol: :lolol:

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
who else has put it on their site?

Well I know it's rather sad but I have just trawled through all the Premiership websites and only two, Sheffield Utd and Watford gave us a mention. Not even Charlton who know what is like to be homeless. And on the day that Pompey announce a new stadium they don't bother to mention ours, they should know how difficult it is to get a new stadium built, they had plans rejected years ago for a stadium on Farlington Marshes.
Typical Premiership, don't give a f*** about the clubs below them.
A big thankyou though to Sheff Utd and Watford.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Southover Street Seagull said:
Well I know it's rather sad but I have just trawled through all the Premiership websites and only two, Sheffield Utd and Watford gave us a mention. Not even Charlton who know what is like to be homeless. And on the day that Pompey announce a new stadium they don't bother to mention ours, they should know how difficult it is to get a new stadium built, they had plans rejected years ago for a stadium on Farlington Marshes.
Typical Premiership, don't give a f*** about the clubs below them.
A big thankyou though to Sheff Utd and Watford.

I think they may do something in the next couple of days but a lot of the sites I looked at had tributes to Alan Ball today, understandably.

Yorkie said:
I think they may do something in the next couple of days but a lot of the sites I looked at had tributes to Alan Ball today, understandably.

Yeah fair point, I have just looked at the Championship and it only seems to be Leeds at the moment.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Silent Bob said:

U's Chief Executive Marie Partner has leant her support to Brighton's ongoing quest for a new ground.

The Seagulls are quickly approaching ten years without a permanent home and are rallying fans from around the country to help their cause.

They're requesting that supporters lobby government minister Ruth Kelly to speed up the process in getting them into a new facility.

A planning application was first heard in 2002, which Brighton & Hove City Council gave the go ahead. However the Government called in the application and a public inquiry was held.

After the first public inquiry (which was also re-opened) then Secretary of State John Prescott gave the go ahead; however a legal challenge by opponents to the new stadium highlighted an administrative error.

That meant the Government had to retake the decision, which will now be made by Ruth Kelly - who has since succeeded Prescott. Her office has said she will make the decision by 9th July.

Brighton fans, knowing their club's very existence will be in the balance should their plans be turned down, do not want to leave anything to chance.

Therefore they're asking all football fans to show their support for the stadium.

U's Chief Executive Marie Partner has therefore written to Mrs Kelly, using the Layer Road club's own knowledge of such a situation to back the Seagulls in their plight.

In excerpts from her letter, she said: "We have been very fortunate, at long last, to secure the trust and commitment from our Local Authority to build a long overdue Community Stadium for the borough of Colchester.

"Regarded as a 'Flagship' in terms of developing Colchester as a prestigious regional centre, the Stadium will serve as a focus for a truly thriving and exciting business community and to sustain growth with significant opportunities within the local community.

"Football Clubs have proven to generate the hub of activity within their towns and cities, particularly clubs such as Brighton and Hove Albion.

"They like Colchester, play an immense role in working within their communities on all aspects of topics that are current, in the news and continue to concern local government.

"If clubs such as Brighton are not able to relocate and be able to breath and grow, the football will become insignificant, suffer and possibly die and along with that the inability to interact within their community.

"Planning is for everyone. It looks to the long-term future of the town, coast and countryside.

"I cannot stress enough how important a new Stadium for Brighton & Hove Albion will be in order to encourage ideas and carry policies within a Core Strategy that should be set out for an overall vision for the future of the area."

Tim Carder of the Brighton & Hove Albion supporters' club added: "Football is so much stronger when supporters stick together. Please help us in our hour of need so that one day we can welcome you to Sussex-by-the-Sea in a stadium fit for the 21st century."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here