Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Failure of Poyet to sign...

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
Gus said at the Amex Q & A last Friday that he will hopefully sign the contract in the next few days, then he gave Martin Perry a look. Hopefully those few days are nearly nearly here!

I imagine there are just one or two small things to be ironed out, like who the club would be willing to allow him to talk to if approached by a bigger club, for example they may only allow Real Madrid & Chelsea permission, but Gus may also want to speak to Sevilla & Spurs, plus a whole lot more.

The amount of compensation is also another possibility, as we may want a higher fee than Gus thinks is reasonable?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The amount of compensation is also another possibility, as we may want a higher fee than Gus thinks is reasonable?

Surely the compensation would be agreed independently by the club and whoever was poaching Poyet? Entirely depending on how long he has left on his contract?

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
Surely the compensation would be agreed independently by the club and whoever was poaching Poyet? Entirely depending on how long he has left on his contract?

I was merely speculating.

I just thought that as some players have clauses allowing them to be sold for X amount, maybe the club would like to have a minimum in place as they realise what an asset we have.

As most of us know we're very lucky to have Gus & it's not gonna be easy to replace him with someone who likes to play football, who can attract quality players because they want to play for the manager (obviously Falmer will draw one or two) & who will continue to turn the club into a professionally run club that will be ready to continue our charge to the Premier League! But I'm sure Mr. Bloom will leave us pleasantly surprised when that sad day arrives.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If he wasn't going to sign them WHAT exactly did he tell those two young Argentinians we've just bought?

"Come to a strange country to play in a lower league with players you've never heard of? Me, yeah, I'll be gone in a month."

I think he's sign soon enough but he's also the type of manager to jump ship quickly, although not before October/November once the new players are settled and we've got a contract that will net us big compo if he goes.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Unless I've missed something. Why hasn't Poyet signed? Don't bother with the "nothing to worry about, he's still got a year on his contract" responses. Well over a month ago we were assured by Tony Bloom that he would be signing in the next few days, he didn't, he hasn't. The club has gone silent. There must be a major difference of opinion if they have been unable to resolve it in a month.

Anyone know?

OK then. But as it happens, you were wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here