Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Summer rumours suggest there's Interest in Palmer. Sounds like it's largely down to him. Does he think he will get enough minutes at City? I'd argue clearly. He's already scored in both their 'cup finals' this season and he played more minutes than most of our youngsters last year, but the noise from City seems to suggest he's open to leaving.
Worth remembering we do have Mazilu coming in in January who despite being a baby looks an outrageous talent and is, of course, a left footed right winger.
Looks as though they are close to bringing in a new winger though, so would push him further down the pecking order.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
IMHO signing Palmer would be the biggest statement the club has ever made. Not that we need to make any big statements given we are top of the league and have just sold a player for a record fee. But for a City starlet to join us, effectively choosing us over them, would be absolutely huge. Obviously it's mostly been rumours but clearly the player is considering leaving and clearly we have some interest. If it happened it would be very hard to argue against us having the best transfer window, the best young players in the league and probably one of the strongest squads.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Why all the Championship talk? Luton and Sheffield United for example are short of Premier League quality players and Buenanotte was a starter at the team that finished 6th.

Not sure how would the style of play and surroundings suit the player as well as being part of the (probably) losing squads...

But should aim higher than Leeds with him as he is still a top prospect.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
IMHO signing Palmer would be the biggest statement the club has ever made. Not that we need to make any big statements given we are top of the league and have just sold a player for a record fee. But for a City starlet to join us, effectively choosing us over them, would be absolutely huge. Obviously it's mostly been rumours but clearly the player is considering leaving and clearly we have some interest. If it happened it would be very hard to argue against us having the best transfer window, the best young players in the league and probably one of the strongest squads.
If we signed him permanently, then yes you're right.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Why all the Championship talk? Luton and Sheffield United for example are short of Premier League quality players and Buenanotte was a starter at the team that finished 6th.

Not sure how would the style of play and surroundings suit the player as well as being part of the (probably) losing squads...

But should aim higher than Leeds with him as he is still a top prospect.
Is a lot more to it than that. We need players to develop. Both Luton and Sheff Utd will have long seasons mainly defending and scraping for their life’s, don’t play anything near the type of football we do and they are also have to be interested, we can’t just send a player there. They both would be better getting minutes in positions we earmark them for in the future in teams that will see a lot of the ball at a decent level

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think it's important for Facundo to get out and play games, I think it makes a huge amount of sense for us to loan him for a season and then see where he is next summer. He's definitely a future first team player for us and would be a first team player if he stayed this season.

Talking of Cole Palmer, the problem there is that City would insist on a buyback clause which would limit the potential sale for us and it's not the sort of business we look to do.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Interestingly I’ve just been given an insight into the terms agreed in regard to the loan move:

-at no point should player be considered Leeds through and through.
-free facundo posts on social media will be considered a breach these terms
-music videos abd songs will also be a breach
-please refer to the uefa rules and in particular use of the term loan. This means borrow for a set period of time.
-at no point should it be considered that you created the player. His mum did this.
-you have no right to buy said player
-player should be cosidered a gesture of goodwill by a top 6 (currently top 1) club supporting lower league football.
-if he makes a pal at Leeds it means f*** all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Buonanotte was so clearly unready for the EPL that in one late season game Webster and Gross simply cut him out of the game. As the smarter of us remarked on at the time. Fair enough RDZ throwing all the kids in at the deep end. But some of them are going to sink rather than swim. A season long loan will tell us all we need to know about the player's future prospects at this level. Personally I think they're not all that great

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Buonanotte was so clearly unready for the EPL that in one late season game Webster and Gross simply cut him out of the game. As the smarter of us remarked on at the time. Fair enough RDZ throwing all the kids in at the deep end. But some of them are going to sink rather than swim. A season long loan will tell us all we need to know about the player's future prospects at this level. Personally I think they're not all that great
Great to know we're in the presence of such a remarkable football analyst

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Tbf we had such a fixture backlog he didn't have much choice.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Not really. Just somebody who actually watches what they're seeing in real time :shrug:
I usually find myself aligning with your thoughts on footballers - so I am concerned by this one! I hope you've got this one wrong, but I haven't been massively impressed by the young man either. I'm not even close to making any kind of prediction or decision on him, but I think a loan move is a great decision by the club to get him some regular game time and we'll see how he develops. You don't play for Argentina without huge potential and ability but he feels probably a year or two short of being ready for our first team.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
We've only ever played him on the right, he needs to play his preferred role in the middle. I thought he was bought as the long term Ali Mac replacement so he needs to play there either with us (unlikely in the short term) or on loan. I still think RDZ wants to keep him close though unless a really good loan opportunity comes up (not Dirty Leeds)

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I know today wasn’t his best game, being played out of position isn’t helping him. But, 45 minutes from him today means March gets a well earned rest and Mitoma also gets a break before coming on to change the game.

He’s nowhere near a regular week in week out starter but if he can keep doing a job like today it really will help our overall results buy letting some players get the rest they need.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He's obviously still struggling to settle unfortunately. It's not for lack of trying but he doesn't look able to contribute effectively in this side, at least not in the position he's playing.

He clearly looks like a central attacking midfielder to me rather than a winger, but what do I know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here