Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
So that's Gross, Gilmour and Buonanotte out. We will have to sign another two midfielders or we will be seriously short again. And we still need a Right Back.
I do hope, at this late stage, that we are not going to repeat the midfield paucity of the post Ali Mac/Caicedo sale debacle....

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I’d be interesting to know TB’s reasoning for allowing this departure with the option to make it permanent.

To me this kid has the clear potential to have it all, a game-changer. TB and his analysis must deem otherwise.
See my post above for one possible reason - if this is true. (With the proviso it could all be unfounded bollix of course)

I suspect (hope!) we are pursuing another CAM.

We have no one that can play the role that Marcel Hartel did at St Pauli in FH’s 3-4-3 or really anyone currently fulfilling the role as well as MacAllister did for us in terms of driving forward our attack and ‘servicing’ strikers - A CAM that can create chances for others as well as a being a great finisher himself outside the box like Hartel will probably fix the areas that Facu is still a bit weak in. FH likes to stretch play in the CAM areas when facing a low narrow block, so an 8 or 10 that can move wide like Hartel did, as well as a player that has exceptional dribbling skills and with a strong attacking mindset will appeal very strongly to him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
See my post above for one possible reason - if this is true. (With the proviso it could all be unfounded bollix of course)

I suspect (hope!) we are pursuing another CAM.

We have no one that can play the role that Marcel Hartel did at St Pauli in FH’s 3-4-3 or really anyone currently fulfilling the role as well as MacAllister did for us in terms of driving forward our attack and ‘servicing’ strikers - A CAM that can create chances for others as well as a being a great finisher himself outside the box like Hartel will probably fix the areas that Facu is still a bit weak in. FH likes to stretch play in the CAM areas when facing a low narrow block, so an 8 or 10 that can move wide like Hartel did, as well as a player that has exceptional dribbling skills and with a strong attacking mindset will appeal very strongly to him.

That was my take too from the limited St Pauli Hurzeler stuff on the internet. But then someone here said that Hurzeler might adopt entirely different tactics/formation with us.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We’ve already signed three midfielders this summer. (Gomez, Wieffer, Yalcouye). Wieffer is almost certainly a Hurzeler starter. And presumably that’s also where Hinshelwood, Milner, Baleba will be competing to play. With (possibly) Sarmiento and (definitely) Enciso and Pedro and Minteh (sometimes) looking to fill that #10 role.

And we now have Adingra, Minteh, Mitoma and Maybe March as wingers

Where does Buonanotte fit in amidst that little lot ? Given he’s never looked like a nailed on starter in his time with us however promising.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm surprised and a little disappointed. A fine young player with massive scope to improve.

My take on our reasoning for letting him go is that the manager doesn't want him. I reckon he wants 6 footers in there

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We’ve already signed three midfielders this summer. (Gomez, Wieffer, Yalcouye). Wieffer is almost certainly a Hurzeler starter. And presumably that’s also where Hinshelwood, Milner, Baleba will be competing to play. With (possibly) Sarmiento and (definitely) Enciso and Pedro and Minteh (sometimes) looking to fill that #10 role.

Where does Buonanotte fit in amidst that little lot ?
In any team that I pick.

Many of the players you mention are either not fit, at least not enough to get on the pitch in Japan, not at the club yet, even less experienced than Facu, or miles over the hilll

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Where does Buonanotte fit in amidst that little lot ?
That might be it. There's no room for him.

Good player, great potential, only 19 still, but up against those names, would he get game time?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In any team that I pick.

Many of the players you mention are either not fit, at least not enough to get on the pitch in Japan, not at the club yet, even less experienced than Facu, or miles over the hilll
Gomez isn’t signed - that’s fair enough - but he’ll be here in January. we’ll see with March but I’m guessing he’s part of the seasons plans. . Everyone else is fit.
You probably mean Milner is “over the hill” - but he’s fit for now and I’m guessing FabH disagrees. Given all that - where’s the game time or future for Facu ?

(Hinshelwood / Pedro didn’t go /play in Japan but pictured in training yesterday)

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That was my take too from the limited St Pauli Hurzeler stuff on the internet. But then someone here said that Hurzeler might adopt entirely different tactics/formation with us.
The only truly consistent thing about FH is he will build the system to best suit the squad at his disposal. In contrast to RDZ who rather imposed the system (effectively until he lost key players) on the squad.

I suspect that will be a work in progress and won’t even begin seriously until after the transfer window. However, the signings so far (Minteh, an exceptionally fast winger and Weiffer who can play CDM and CB) suggests we are working towards something very similar to FH’s system at St Pauli.

It’s worth bearing in mind that the Club was already targeting Hürzeler back in January so would have known from Starlizard by then which players (of the many many in the database that fit our general profile), to go in hard for in the summer window as soon as we signed him.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

And we now have Adingra, Minteh, Mitoma and Maybe March as wingers

Where does Buonanotte fit in amidst that little lot ? Given he’s never looked like a nailed on starter in his time with us however promising.
Milner competing for a midfield starting position unless there are some significant injuries is surely a huge stretch of the imagination?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I also wonder if it will affect the future of Gilmour and or Sarmiento.

Both maybe more likely to stay?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here