Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I'm not against a loan but selling him on the cheap seems remiss. And yes, it would be on the cheap as Feyernoord aren't big spenders and his value is only going to rise.

I suppose it’s ok to sell for a low-ish fee if there’s the chunkiest of sell-on fees.

I’d rather see him stay, or loan without a buy option, but I trust the club.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Looks like it’s a loan and possibly a sale. 😞

That Twitter account just trawls Twitter and posts anything it finds to do with the Albion. Trace it back to the original report: https://1908.nl/artikelen/feyenoord-en-brighton-in-gesprek-over-buonanotte and it sounds fairly speculative, filling out the article with tangents and says a loan and that negotiations will show whether they'll be a sale will be an option. There won't. Getting FB a development season like Minteh's just had would be our way. Selling him when he's not yet reached his potential would not. Bloom's always been clear, everyone is for sale at the right time and at the right price. For Buonanotte this isn't the right time and the right price won't be coming from Feyenoord.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not even sure loaning out would be right for us, a buy option seems a bad idea, for the lad too, if he stays with an English side till he is 21, he becomes home grown for any PL side, which increases his earning potential.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I really don't get this. It's clear that Gross and Moder are on their way. If, and it's still an if, WBG and Buonanotte are leaving too, it will leave us very short in midfield. Yes, we'll have Wieffer and Yalcouye - two players who have never played in English football and Baleba (a 20 year old with one PL season under his belt. But after that. we'll have Milner - 38 years old and who missed out of last season through injury, Enciso, who missed most of last season through injury and Hinshelwood, who is 19 and played last season as right back. Where's the experience in that lot?

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Not even sure loaning out would be right for us, a buy option seems a bad idea, for the lad too, if he stays with an English side till he is 21, he becomes home grown for any PL side, which increases his earning potential.
Apparently as long as he's contracted to an English club it still counts for the home grown status.

I heard that Saliba has home grown status for Arsenal, despite spending two seasons out on loan.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Apparently as long as he's contracted to an English club it still counts for the home grown status.

I heard that Saliba has home grown status for Arsenal, despite spending two seasons out on loan.
Yes, I meant if we sell after the loan.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I don’t see any danger of him being sold any time soon, a loan, yes maybe given the rest of the talent we presently have. It’s hard to keep up, the rate at which we seem to be improving and the calibre of players we’re signing/developing is quite rapid, and players we covet one season can quite rapidly be improved upon the next. Madness!

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Well... your time to shine, kid.

If he just stops with the diving and poor body language, he has every chance of filling those massive shoes.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

If he just stops with the diving and poor body language, he has every chance of filling those massive shoes.
He's got enough talent to be the main playmaking midfielder for a top half team in a top league. I've no doubt.

But he's 19. 19! What was Pascal Gross doing age 19? I guess not playing week in week out as a main creative player at the top level.

I just think he's at least a year, maybe two (likely more) from being able to take the job full time. He'll feature and continue to improve. But he needs some help in that position, he'll need to be bought in and out rather than be relied upon. Not least the fan pressure to be the new Pascal Gross will be a lot to deal with. And as you suggest, he lacks maturity, which again, I can't hold against a 19 year old.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
I don’t think we have any intention of selling him, I also concur that a loan seems counterproductive. He is a fantastic talent, who is yet to find his niche. However at 19 this is not wholly surprising given his age. If he can get c20 starts and a number of subs appearances for us at the top level he will continue to develop, go up in value and may stumble upon his #1 position.

tjg

Jul 7, 2022
I think he's a great talent. Of our gifted South-American trio I think Enciso and Sarmiento play like they are the best kids in the playground but he plays a more mature game (and that's not to say I don't rate Enciso and Sarmiento, I think there's a place for all them to rotate in the side). He'll become a regular Argentine international for sure.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

He's not a diver for the hundred millionth time. He's a skilful winger who often gets fouled, more than anyone else we own. See my previous post below (#1522), and direct reply to you on this (#1530).
Seen a couple of "falling over" comments again and here to say that he was our most fouled player per 90 mins last season and the 9th most fouled per 90 mins across the whole league. Similar players above him include, Ayew, Olise, Kudus and Grealish. Joao Pedro is the 10th most fouled player in the league with a very similar record, and Joel Veltman is up there in third for the Albion.

Buonanotte played a really important role for us last year at a very young age, was brave and developed well playing in 25 of the final 28 games last season.

I'd be disappointed if he left on loan but I'd understand it with our expanded options across the front. If he left permanently, it'd be ludicrous.
What an obtuse comment. They don't love cheating, they're very good wingers who often use their skills to win free kicks. It's a fundamental part of elite level football and a fundamental part of being a successful team at the top level. It creates pressure on defences, it makes teams stand off rather than commit to tackles, and more importantly creates (or at least should now that a certain set-piece coordinator has gone to Norwich) goal scoring opportunities.

If Hurzeler is able to get as much out of set pieces as he did at St. Pauli, players like Facundo will be key to getting those opportunities.
If you could legitimise your problems with Facu with facts, that may add something to the debate, yet you Swan back on here and come up with the same rubbish as you used to.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
He does a lot right. He’s young. Full of potential etc etc etc, I don’t have a great deal of criticism for him, he will improve and improve, no doubt, but in my ignorance, I suggest he can and will get stronger, steadier on his feet and be able to ride challenges better…he also needs to improve his decision making, look up and around him more, have better positional awareness of his team mates and an available pass and not try to do too much on his own. Typical criticism of a young player, keen to do well and impress, no bad thing by any means, but his efforts need to be more focussed towards a team effort. He often does SO MUCH right and yet tries to go just that bit too far and do that bit too much when he can utilise his team mates more. IMO. (Equally true of Enciso too perhaps?)

I’ve lost track of the times I’ve been in the midst of ‘applauding’ his brilliance only to cut myself off with ‘oh FFS’ or something of the like! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

…and that’s exactly what I mean, the most frustrating part of his (inexperienced) game for me, is knowing when you’ve done enough, realising you can’t do any more and make the pass, not just keep going until you’ve single-handedly put it in the net or have been dispossessed. There will be occasions, OF COURSE, when you do single-handedly engineer a wonder goal, but 99/100 you’re better off using your team mates! This superior decision making, in the moment, only comes with maturity and/or experience.

What the hell do I know, but a healthy, considered rotation of Enciso/Buonanotte/Sarmiento seems to me to be in both the players and the clubs best interests. They each would’ve got more than enough (and not too much) game time last season if they’d all been fit etc, and I strongly suspect, even without Europe, it’d be the same this season coming.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here