Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I was behind our 19 year old wunderkind in the queue at Tesco in Hove yesterday. Anyone want to guess what 3 items the young professional athlete was getting for his dinner?
A bottle of vodka, a rustlers burger and a packet of benson and hedges?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Might be off on loan to Feyenoord

1721999082675.png

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Hmmm, Not sure how I feel about this, if it's true. He somehow hasn't yet quite delivered on his potential has he?

He's still only 19 though.
I’d be pretty disappointed tbh - would have liked him to have one season under a manager that actually wants to develop youngsters.

I think the problem could be Hürzeler’s system of play - he needs a deep playing 10 that can score goals and also act as a ‘two-footed’ pivot at the edge of the 18 yard area to push play wide - not sure (well pretty sure) Facu’s not there yet Amario Cozier-Duberry looks the better option for that CAM area now. (Don’t we have a nick name for this lad yet?!)

I hope Facu stays - I think the second half of 2023 (he arrived in the January window) he struggled to settle because he was stuck out on the wing until late in the season to cover for an injured March - In 2023/4 when he was playing in his favoured CAM role and beginning to improve exponentially, by half way through the season, the whole team was struggling and it would be unfair to judge any young players by that imo.

So really hope Hürzeler keeps him around.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Really don’t want to see him loaned out although he would rip the Dutch league apart. Still very young and has shown that he can do it here

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think he'd fit in well as a CM if FH plays the same system as he did at St Pauli. Needs to stop falling over, but he's developing the attributes. We've obviously got a bloated squad and need to sell and loan several, but he'd be fairly low on my list for either.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I would be disappointed if this is true.

And why now do people write so and so wants to loan.... Only the club a team belongs to can loan a player.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
NGL I'd be disappointed to see Facu go. I think there is a very decent player and he can make a contribution. If he does go I'd hope it is loan only.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Think it will either be him or Sarmiento to go on loan. Not both. Sarmiento is older and more experienced so maybe this year is last chance saloon with us for him, whilst letting FB play week in week out at 19. Personally, I think a loan is wise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here