Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facts about BROCCOLI

The first draught of this screen play was actually a gritty drama based on the life of 60's it girl Jean Shrimpton. Shrimpton (The Shrimp) spent most of the 60's struggling with a near fatal BROCCOLI addiction which nearly killed her dead.

Attachments

• Jean_de_Florette.jpg
    Jean_de_Florette.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 88

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
BROCCOLI's upsurge in popularity has apparently caused a massive decline in the sales of cauliflower in the UK. Seems reasonable when you think about it. The woman from the cauliflower marketing board was on Radio 4 the other day for some f***ing unknown reason.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Er.... Cockermouth is well inland, and I don't *think* it's on a lake either.
Oh, and many happy BROCCOLI to you, by the way.

Your right. However these matelots would be motoring up the A66 in a white Transit van delivering BROCCOLI to some northern monkeys who have Scurvy.:eek:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
BROCCOLI's upsurge in popularity has apparently caused a massive decline in the sales of cauliflower in the UK. Seems reasonable when you think about it. The woman from the cauliflower marketing board was on Radio 4 the other day for some f***ing unknown reason.

Presumably to sell Cauliflower ? :thumbsup:

I'm in the Cauliflower camp, prefering it to Brocolli, but the wife is the opposite.

Small tip that might have been mentioned above (possibly by me), but I can't be bothered to trawl through it.

The thick brocolli stem (which you usually through away) is packed with flavour.

It takes longer to cook than the rest, so peel off the outside and slice thinly, cutting into matchsticks if you want.

Brocolli goes very very well with Oyster Sauce, they are a match made in heaven.

If you fry up some onions, garlic, chilli and Brocolli (and the importantly the Brocolli stems prepared as above), which meat if you wish, that's very very tasty.

The stem isn't simply an addition to not waste any of the vegetable, it's actually very very nice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BROCCOLI made its silver-screen debut in Fritz Langs 1927 silent classic 'Metropolis', where it appears amongst some carrots and what appears to be mashed potato in the canteen of the Workers City.

Since then, BROCCOLI has featured in several Hollywood classics, such as Raging Bull (on Jake LaMotta's dinnerplate which was hurled against the kitchen wall), Alien (a fleeting appearance in a tupperware tub just prior to the famous chest-bursting scene) as well as growing naturally in Kevin Costners back yard next to the house in Field of Dreams.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The People's Republic of China is estimated to grow 8,585,000 metric tonnes of Broccoli (and cauliflower) a YEAR!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There is a book all about Broccoli... called "The Enchanted Broccoli Forest: And Other Timeless Delicacies" by Mollie Katzen.

n.b. sadly you can't "Click to LOOK INSIDE" :nono:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
"Belch A Disco Encore" is an anagram of "BROCCOLI and cheese"

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is a book all about Broccoli... called "The Enchanted Broccoli Forest: And Other Timeless Delicacies" by Mollie Katzen.

n.b. sadly you can't "Click to LOOK INSIDE" :nono:

Invalid as well

broccoli was one of the Revel flavours until 1978 when it was dropped for biscuit

So's this

The People's Republic of China is estimated to grow 8,585,000 metric tonnes of Broccoli (and cauliflower) a YEAR!

And this

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not more NSC rules, I'm losing track .... am I banned?

Genuine mistake on your part I'm sure. Two strikes and you're out though, I'll be forced to report your post in order to get you banned from my BROCCOLI thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here