Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facts about Bayer Leverkusen!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How many pies do they consume? I believe none as Germans don't seem to eat pies. That gives us a distinct advantage!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Ah, but I bet they outdo us in the beer drinking stakes. Mind you, they have the advantage of being able to drink during games. On the other hand, they don't have Harveys.

Not sure about Germany but when I went to the Nou Camp last season the only beer on sale was alcohol free.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Which? Please could the punctuation stewards rule on this (or is it "Please may....)

What is this thread about, please remind me?

As a non-restrictive relative clause the additional fact about aspirin does not alter the meaning of the sentence. Therefore it is which . A close call but I apologise profusely'

Bayer also marketed heroin in 1895.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As a non-restrictive relative clause the additional fact about aspirin ...

the irony is that it wasnt even a fact. many companies produce aspirin, though Bayer invented it (as a modification of a common herbal preperation), and only Bayer sell Aspirin.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
the irony is that it wasnt even a fact. many companies produce aspirin, though Bayer invented it (as a modification of a common herbal preperation), and only Bayer sell Aspirin.

With lightening in Florida I have nothing to do but object. Not with your grammar, I hasten to add, as the game restarts in 30 minutes.
The fact is that Bayer produce aspirin but this fact is not important to the interesting statement made by cloud that Bayer Leverkusen is the works team of Bayer. So which not that and no irony.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The fact is that Bayer produce aspirin

the context implied the Bayer are the producers of aspirin, implying exclusivity of all aspirin. really what was meant, as a fact, was that Bayer invented Aspirin. and note the "A", i dont capitalise for fun.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
the context implied the Bayer are the producers of aspirin, implying exclusivity of all aspirin. really what was meant, as a fact, was that Bayer invented Aspirin. and note the "A", i dont capitalise for fun.

I would never dream you do anything for fun. You are barking up the wrong willow tree. It is a fact that Bayer produce aspirin, as you state yourself. Branding is not an issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here